2x12 combo recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
    Randall RM100C. You might spend more than what you want but you will be pleased.
    +1

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
      Randall RM100C. You might spend more than what you want but you will be pleased.
      Those sound OK. I'm not fond of the open back cab with those though. I had the 50 watt combo and it only sounded good through an external cabinet.

My recommendation for a grab 'n go combo for jams would be the Line 6 Spider IV.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

You know, Tim, several people have recommended the Spider to me. I searched out some sound clips and, to be honest, I was not impressed. Then again, WTF can you tell from crappy net-clips? I'll see if I can find one at a local dealer and try it out in person.

Comment

The Spider IV isn't the ultimate pinnacle of tone but it should be more than adequate to use as a grab 'n go rig. I've been contemplating one myself.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
            Mesa Roadster 2X12
            Yup, that's what I have and it's great. Physically fairly small for a 2x12 as well, if pretty heavy. Though it's got those track-lok (?) removable casters which are really good.
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I have an Engl Sovereign 212. It' s a great amp, although I'm not sure whether the loop is actually switchable.

Comment

Working...
              X