TC Elect. Nova System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Elect. Nova System?

Has anyone tried one of these efffects processors? Or the Line 6 M13 Stompbox? Thanks......

ok, ......I see some info above but I guess nobody really knows much about the two...
    Thanks anyway..

Comment

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I just watched that video:

Buy Now: https://goo.gl/nkUiXHNova System is the complete, floor-based effects solution for the dedicated guitar player who knows quality when he sees it. It...

And it sounds quite good. So any one here owns one??? Comments/reviews?
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The Nova System does sound good; however, the one I had was extremely unreliable. It was one of the early ones and they had chip problems...hopefully TC has worked out the kinks because it would have been a really nice unit.

Very first time I used mine, it crashed twice. Then it went a few rehearsals with no issues, so I decided to use it at a gig. Big mistake. Two measures into our second song...crash...reboot...crash...reboot...crash.

Luckily, while I was fucking with it, the rest of the band kept playing and the guitarist from the other band ran up on stage, grabbed my analog pedal board and helped me get back up and running fairly quickly.

I later moved to a G-Major rack unit and now I'm using an Eleven Rack. So much more happy with the 11R right now to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
          The Nova System does sound good; however, the one I had was extremely unreliable. It was one of the early ones and they had chip problems...hopefully TC has worked out the kinks because it would have been a really nice unit.

Very first time I used mine, it crashed twice. Then it went a few rehearsals with no issues, so I decided to use it at a gig. Big mistake. Two measures into our second song...crash...reboot...crash...reboot...crash.

Luckily, while I was fucking with it, the rest of the band kept playing and the guitarist from the other band ran up on stage, grabbed my analog pedal board and helped me get back up and running fairly quickly.

I later moved to a G-Major rack unit and now I'm using an Eleven Rack. So much more happy with the 11R right now to be honest.
          HaHa, Nova in Spanish means "Wont go" or in terms of astronomy means blown up star. Didnt anyone learn from Chevy?? Tisk, tisk!!:ROTF:
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I've been testing one out for a couple of months and I find it works pretty good and the sounds are great. Having analog distortion is cool as you can run the unit in front of an amp. Have an intelligent pitch shifter that tracks well is an added bonus. My only qualm about the unit is the patch switching delay - extremely noticable. So, I just set the unit up to run in pedal mode and turn on individual fx's like a stomp box pedalboard.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
              My only qualm about the unit is the patch switching delay - extremely noticable. So, I just set the unit up to run in pedal mode and turn on individual fx's like a stomp box pedalboard.
              IIRC, I don't think it was as noticable if you run it through the effects loop; however, you lose the analog distortion function if you run it that way.

Good to see they have corrected the chip problems...it's a pretty nice little unit...when it works!

Comment

I've been using one for a year and it has worked flawlessly. Shop around and you can find some great prices on these units.

Comment

Working...
                X