Electro-Harmonix Memory boy delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electro-Harmonix Memory boy delay

I just picked one up on my lunch break after watching some clips on youtube. It seems like a nice warm sounding analog delay with a little extra. I'll post a little more feedback after I get a chance to try it out. I've always loved the bucket-brigade analog delays.

Has anyone else had a run at this one? Any settings or suggestions for cool/different sounds?
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

I'll be watching for the review. Looking for a good delay right now, BBE Two Timer is on my mind too, but I was considering this one as well.
    "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
    Zakk Wylde

Comment

I'll be interested in your review too.

Comment

I only got to play with it for about half an hour last night but it's what I was expecting. The delay itself is a nice warm old school bucket brigade delay. It's like a slightly improved 1980's Boss DM2. The frequency response is a little lacking in the high end, but that is just the nature of the BBD delay line. The chorus effect is quite full and nice but of course not as adjustable as a purpose built chorus. I couldn't really find a good vibrato setting for myself and the square waveform for the modulation does some really wierd stuff.

As far as the basic analog delay function though, it's great for that. Exactly what I was looking for in that area. The defining thing for me with this pedal is "warm". If you are looking for that perfect full signal delay this pedal isn't for you, but if you are looking for that nice thick analog delay this pedal is a great bargain. I paid around $95 for it and the Boss digital delays run around $150 so for a delay with all the extra features it's a great score.

I'll add more when I get more time with it in. I still need to test it on my amp's parallel loop and explore the more funky settings.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Good review, thanks that helps.
          "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
          Zakk Wylde

Comment

Cool. I need a nice delay pedal, was thinking of the MXR Carbon Copy, but this Memory Boy looks neat, too! I also see they've got the Memory Toy which may be more of what I want.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X