Guitar RAck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar RAck

I'm looking forward to build a guitar rack, i want some advices plz.
    first question:
    Marshall jmp1 or mesa boogie rectifier recording????
    tc electronics g major 2
    and what else??
    a good power amp? i dunno i'm not an expert in this.

Those are 2 totally different amps.It really comes down to your style.I myself can't stand the "Recto" tone.I am a long time Mesa user too...
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

The first question I would have is why do you want to put together a rack rig?

Comment

for playing live and recording. i hate play everytime with random amps and the struggle with my pod xt live, when i play live it's just HELL

Comment

SUP?

AXE-FX

but between those 2, I would say the Marshall, I never got my recto recording pre to really give me what it should have ,,even when it was pared with the 2:100 I had

MOSHON
          DAVE
          Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 10-15-2009, 12:36 PM.
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post
            AXE-FX
            I would agree that is the simplest solution, perhaps even too simple for some folks. It's not as impressive as say a 10 space rack full of gear with blinking LEDs but it also is much easier to work with because you avoid wiring and ground loop problems.

Comment

OMG, a dismantled PGM...

...back on topic: you may find some Mesa/Boogie preamps on eBay quite easily. Check out the Studio Pre, the Formula and the Quad Pre.
              As for a poweramp, the M/B 50/50 is an excellent match with any of those.
              Another suggestion would be the "classic" Triaxis/Simul-Class 2:90 combo.

I'd go with this... I'm not very fond of Marshall.

Comment

Working...
              X