Bogner Exctacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Exctacy?

Anyone have expericence with these amps? I want to buy a new amp sometime soon and this is on my list to check out.How is the rythym channel? Is it fizzy or have a "Recto" tone? Is the clean channel nice and chimmy or more like a Bassman? How are they in a band situtation? Does it get lost in the mix at all or do they cut thru? Thanks
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
    Anyone have expericence with these amps? I want to buy a new amp sometime soon and this is on my list to check out.How is the rythym channel? Is it fizzy or have a "Recto" tone? Is the clean channel nice and chimmy or more like a Bassman? How are they in a band situtation? Does it get lost in the mix at all or do they cut thru? Thanks
    Hmm, I thought I had answered this post a few days ago but I don't see my reply here :think:
    Anyway, One of my amps is an Ecstasy and its a fantastic amp! 3 channels ranging from beautiful cleans to hot rodded Marshall sound. Lots of tones are availoable in this amp with excursion and boost switches, 1/2 power mode, Plexi mode, etc... I also have an Uberschall but that amp is all out heavy sound whereas the Ecstasy is about the most versatile tube head you can get and it does all those sounds great not just so so. Mine also has the front metal grill and Class A A/B options. I have gigged out with mine in an 80's cover band and it has no trouble cutting through the mix. I also have a Mesa Dual Recto. The Ecstasy doesn't sound like the Mesa and there is no fizziness. The cleans on the Ecstasy are better than the Mesa and its an easier amp to dial in despite having much more switches and knobs to twirl.
    Reinhold Bogner is an amp Genius! Are you considering a new or used one? Its one of the most impressive amps out there, I think you'll love it!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Well Saturday I went to one of the best guitar shops around and was talking with the guys there about Bogners.After telling them what I did not like about my Boogies they directed me to the Bogner Shiva...Wow what a great amp.2 very usable channels and the lead boost really turns it into a 3 channel amp...I am putting this at the very top of my list.I did not even check out the Extacy they had or the Uber...I am gonna check out a bunch more amps before getting one, but I will be spending more time with the Shiva again...
      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
        Well Saturday I went to one of the best guitar shops around and was talking with the guys there about Bogners.After telling them what I did not like about my Boogies they directed me to the Bogner Shiva...Wow what a great amp.2 very usable channels and the lead boost really turns it into a 3 channel amp...I am putting this at the very top of my list.I did not even check out the Extacy they had or the Uber...I am gonna check out a bunch more amps before getting one, but I will be spending more time with the Shiva again...
        Bogner doesn't make anything that souds bad, it all depends on what sounds you're after. The Shiva is nice but I prefer the Ecstasy myself. If that shop has an Ecstasy as well as a Shiva you should give it a try. You have nothing to lose.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Willie's?

Comment

Yup Chris Willies...I will take your advice and give the XTC a go as well...I want to try out alot of different things before I buy...The one amp I am just gushing over is the Mesa Electrodyne...Hands down the best clean tone I have EVER heard...The trouble is do I want to spend $2000 on a clean amp and then have to find another amp for dirty? Part of me says I can make do with my Mesa MKIII and get the new Electradyne, part of me says keep looking...
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Ecstasy's look cooler than the Shiva too

shawnlutz.com

Comment

I like my JVM alot but the XTC is a bad motha! how much are those heads? 3500?
                EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
                1959Epiphone les paul
                george L cables
                mxr pedals
                Engl fireball 100

Comment

Edited for sheer stupidity everything i've heard from the XTC has been good clips videos...

Defiantely seem like an amp i'd like to test out...

Comment

I'd love to have a Bogner anything. I just can't justify spending that much money on an amp.
                    Scott

Comment

I love willies. Bought one of my les pauls there. Always cool shit there.
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I have seen the Exctacy used for $1800 and the Shiva as low as $1200.Don't think I can afford new.I need a cab to go with it...
                        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

$1800 for a used Ecstasy is a steal! Also be aware there are two versions of the Ecstasy currently available, the 101b and the 101b Classic. The Classic is supposed to be more open sounding and also costs about another $1000 over the regular 101B. I have the regular 101b and I'm quite pleased with it.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                          X