Splawn Quick Rod is in the house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splawn Quick Rod is in the house.

Here it is. just a tad over 2 months from order to my door.

I will post more about it after I get a chance to play it. I only just fired it up. Its WELL built. Very nice construction. Scott Splawn autographed the back of the amp chassis for me by the jacks, and his staff autographed the inside of the chassis for me.

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

That is one of the most beautiful amps I have ever seen. Nice, very nice.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Very cool look forward to your review
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

If I ordered a Splawn, it would look EXACTLY like that,

Very Nice!!!
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

That does not look like it would suck.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
            That does not look like it would suck.
            Indeed splawns sound even better than they look. Of course ive never tried a QR
            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Wow, if Randy Rhoads endorsed Splawn his head and cab would look like that.

Looks killer and probably sounds just as killer.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I like the front vent on it.

Comment

I hope you never have to move it? That is going to show everything!
                    Use felt gloves when handling... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                      I hope you never have to move it? That is going to show everything!
                      Use felt gloves when handling... LOL

I dont gig. so it wont move, but I will be ordering a road case for the head soon and a tuki cover for the cabinet for when I have to move it.

Comment

So got a review for it yet
                        Jackson Shred

Comment

well, the amp is a monster. the 3 gears are cool. you can get a cool ZZ Top kinda vibe in gear 1. gear 2 is more kicked up, and gear 3 is full blown heavy. The controls take some time to get comfy with, basically its not like other amps, the beast is built to kick ass. its not going to back off any. you dont need to max out any of the gain or presence to get it to rock. The splawn forum has a saying "listen with your ears and not your eyes" basically dont pay attention to the knobs, just turn them to get the tone YOU want, and dont worry where the indicators are pointing.

All in all, this fukker kicks ass. Its built like a tank, it sounds like two bears fukking in a cave.

Comment

Yeah Ive heard the splawn saying I have a nitro
                            Jackson Shred

Comment

Quick Rods are great amps...and that's one of the best looking ones that I've seen, congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X