Stock Ultra Module for the RM100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Ultra Module for the RM100

For any of you who are wondering.... it kills. Organic, tons of gain, gobs of sustain and clear. Best way to describe it is a VERY VERY good version of the Carvin Legacy with a little Bogner mixed in.
    I did an outdoor gig with it last week and was able to turn the amp up.
    Its my favorite module so far. Bone stock btw...

I have that module and it does sound nice but I always seem to be using XTC, SL+, or Mr. Scary. By far, most of the time I'm using XTC especially the one modded by Pete
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Try the Ultra XL, John... It'll make you a believer.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        I have that module and it does sound nice but I always seem to be using XTC, SL+, or Mr. Scary. By far, most of the time I'm using XTC especially the one modded by Pete
        I think that my favorite tonally is Pete's Recto Mod, but the one I use the most is the Mr. Scary, followed shortly thereafter by a Boss SD-1 boosted Plexi. I'll probably be sending my Ultra XL to Pete for the SLO treatment. I just had Jaded Faith send me back my XTC that he modded for me in trade of a pedal, and that one has eliminated my need for my SL+.

I'm also really interested in Pete's Bogner Fish mod -- I'll be looking forward to clips on that. Salvation Mods has the "Tangerine" mod that is quite interesting as well.

Comment

what about mr. scary? how does it sound?
          jackson pc-1 chameleon
          charvel model 4
          prs ce-24 emerald green
          ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
          jackson rr ps 3t
          ibanez rg 770 lazer red
          engl thunder 50
          ibanez rg 565
          mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

How is the RM100 for low volume situations?

- Leo.

Comment

Sounds good at any volume - it's just more fun to open her up and play loud!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gregthatshreds View Post
                what about mr. scary? how does it sound?
                Hot-rodded Marshall. Back For The Attack sound, but with a little more gain on tap.

Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post
                How is the RM100 for low volume situations?

- Leo.
                It's great at all volumes, but REALLY RIPS when it's LOUD. I keep the master at 12:00, and use the module to adjust volume. I've tried it with the module being the "set volume" and using the master, but I like it better the other way.

Comment

That's great to know, thanks.

- Leo.

Comment

Yep, as stated above, it sounds good even at low volume. Easy to dial in too.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

The ultra doesn't sound like my legacy to me but I haven't spent a lot of time with it. I need to tweak it some and see if I can find that legacy tone I love. So far my favorite module is the 1086.

Comment

I'm in trouble... I tried a JVM today...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                          I'm in trouble... I tried a JVM today...

...and now I own one! Bye-bye, Bogner. I got the JVM210H - holy shit...I finally have the Marshall tone I've heard in my head the last decade!!!

Comment

this is good news to my ears. i just picked up an used ultra for 115 shipped(should have it in a few days). sounds like i made a good investment. this weekend i'll be picking up my randallXL412(75's&V30's), rm100 w/ xtc module and i got a kh-1 staring me in the face that i got from lhrocker(pete). cant wait to crank it all up! probably gonna do a cap change on the XTC but we'll see how it sounds first.....

edit- hey jgcable, what type of music are you using that ultra for?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                              ...and now I own one! Bye-bye, Bogner. I got the JVM210H - holy shit...I finally have the Marshall tone I've heard in my head the last decade!!!
                              How surprising, you've got the the Marshall tone by buying a Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                              X