Stock Ultra Module for the RM100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
    ...and now I own one! Bye-bye, Bogner. I got the JVM210H - holy shit...I finally have the Marshall tone I've heard in my head the last decade!!!
    Cool amp - I have a 410H. Any reason why you decided on 2 channels over 4?

Comment

It seems the egnater module heads are much better sounding than the randalls....
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
        Cool amp - I have a 410H. Any reason why you decided on 2 channels over 4?
        Yeah - an even-up trade for a Bogner Alchemist! I win!!

To be honest, I'm kind of a "less is more" guy...sometimes... and I don't play out, so 2 channels suits me fine.

Comment

Originally posted by rocksoldier View Post
          How surprising, you've got the the Marshall tone by buying a Marshall.
          I've had a laundry list of Marshalls -- this was the first one I *LIKED* how I sounded through it. The closest I had to having a livable tone prior to this one was a DSL I bought back in about 1998...and I still hated ho I sounded through it.
          Last edited by chrisolson; 11-26-2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
            It seems the egnater module heads are much better sounding than the randalls....
            Have you heard a Randall Mod done by Pete? You'd be eating your words - what he can do to those modules is nothing short of AMAZING. Have you spent much time with either of these amps?
            Last edited by chrisolson; 11-26-2009, 12:36 AM.

Comment

I've had a laundry list of Marshalls -- this was the first one I *LIKED* how I sounded through it. The closest I had to having a livable tone prior to this one was a DSL I bought back in about 1998...and I still hated ho I sounded through it.
              Oh, I understand. I really like some the clips I have heard of the JVM, was really close to buyng one myself a couple of months ago.

Comment

Wrong.
                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Have you heard a Randall Mod done by Pete? You'd be eating your words - what he can do to those modules is nothing short of AMAZING. Have you spent much time with either of these amps?
                  NO I havnt but I was talking about the amp as a whole
                  Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

NO I havnt but I was talking about the amp as a whole
                    Try 'em. You might be surprised. Leave your ego at the door and pretend you haven't heard anything.

Comment

I have a few other high end amps but I still think bang for the buck goes to the Randall RM100. And no, the Egnater stuff doesn't sound vastly better. I even talked to Bruce Egnater at NAMM about the various modules a couple years ago. He stated the Randall modules are voiced more for harder Rock and the Egnater ones more for vintage tones, generally speaking. Pete's mods to the MTS modules are great! I have two of them, XTC and SL+. The problem is these things are addicting so I now have a stock XTC and SL+ and Pete Modded XTC and SL+
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Try 'em. You might be surprised. Leave your ego at the door and pretend you haven't heard anything.
                        I have tried one but I only used the brown model (I think) and it sounded pretty bad. Granted I wasnt playing it very loud. Id like to try it again with a differant module. The idea of the whole thing is quite intuitive. All the clips ive heard make it sound solid state and thin but then again you cant really tell if you like an amp based off the clips.
                        Jackson Shred

Comment

Im not going to lie this sounds pretty good
                          Quick video of my Randall Mr Scary module Dave Friedman modded to be his Black Eye mod. The bright switch is now a voicing switch. Guitar used is a Washbu...
                          Jackson Shred

Comment

as does this
                            CaparisonForum.Com-Chris Amott playing a solo from the latest album "Rise of the Tyrant". Sweet lead tones from his new Caparison signature model.

Comment

CHECK THESE OUT...

Comment

Hmmm the custom mods sound promising
                                Now if I could get one to sound like this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Ir5eYXFBA
                                Jackson Shred

Comment

Working...
                                X