I'm looking for The Edge's tone --> '84 - '88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for The Edge's tone --> '84 - '88

I have a decent clean tone (and delay) but it needs something more, maybe a little drive or subtle distortion. I like "The Unforgettable Fire" and "The Joshua Tree" tones that Edge used. His best, I think. My Strat sounds best right now in the 'bucker w/ middle single coil position. The amp is a 15W Bullet Reverb plus an RP 100.
    Last edited by FloydRose4Prez; 10-30-2009, 02:00 AM.
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Well his signal goes thru a ton of rack effects...so it aint going to be easy.
    AxeFx has a Youtube vid, where a guy nails "In the name of Love"...U2
    tone. So maybe a quicker cheaper way to go, would be to just spend $1500 on an Axefx?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And finally... you can thank me later for this one! If this isnt nailing the U2 tone...what is?

This nails it for me! Ive got to get an AxeFx...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Robert Burns; 10-30-2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I was hoping maybe there was a Boss pedal that could help me out...Oh well.
      8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
        I was hoping maybe there was a Boss pedal that could help me out...Oh well.
        Oh im sure there is...to get close. Try one of the cheaper Boss pedalboards...used maybe $75? Like an BR-50..or the like

Comment

Hey I dug out an old Musician mag from 1987. The cover story is U2 and Joshua Tree album. They have some info about gear used.

Effects:
          Yamaha SPX 90 (there are a couple on Ebay sitting at the sub 100$ mark.) rack unit
          Yamaha SPX 90b rack unit

Korg SDD 3000 - rack delay - a couple on Ebay sitting at near 500$.

Ibanez DM1000 and VE400 - looks like more delay units.

It also says "quite a few Boss boxes"... not a lot of help there....

Amps:
          Vox Ac30, Mesa/Boogie (no models named), and Roland JC 120.

That Yamaha processor might help you, probably pick one up on Ebay for around 100$.
          "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
          Zakk Wylde

Comment

Working...
          X