Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod X3 Live

Does anyone here have it?
    Is this really worths the price you've pay for?
    How is the performance playing live?

I bought one at tax season 2008. killer effects, I mean killer,. but not a single usable distortion(for my taste) I had a lot of problems with mine and got rid of it(I bought them when they first came out, before they worked all the bugs out of them) The new ones are probably more reliable but they still have that digital distortion sound( something unnatural about the midrange) If you are going after something like that , I'd try the new boss gt-10 or whatever its called. at least then , you have access to all of bosses pedals. and boss makes great pedals.
    jackson pc-1 chameleon
    charvel model 4
    prs ce-24 emerald green
    ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
    jackson rr ps 3t
    ibanez rg 770 lazer red
    engl thunder 50
    ibanez rg 565
    mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Snow View Post
      Does anyone here have it?
      Is this really worths the price you've pay for?
      How is the performance playing live?
      I have one and I like it a lot. There's a couple nice distortions in it, a lot of fun settings. It's a pain in the butt to set up at times but the PC stuff (Can't think of the name right now) that you download and change settings with make it a lot easier. I was told there's a really good metal pack you can buy to upgrade the models as well.
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

is it a good choice to play live? I know it's good to play home

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Snow View Post
          is it a good choice to play live? I know it's good to play home
          That I can't tell you (yet) I am just now starting to use it in a band situation. Through my current half stack (wired into my power amp and using it as the pre am) in my house is sounds good. I am still learning how to use it and setting up channels based on my own tones so... I haven't really stomped on it yet, it sets on my table

it's pretty sturdy feeling. I don't think you'd have any issues with it live, that's what it's built for
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
          X