Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going Cheapo Rack / Help an amigo out :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Cheapo Rack / Help an amigo out :)

Hey Guys,

I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posted on the boards but I'm in need of some assistance from the best guitar forum I know. I've finally decided to ditch my stompboxes I've had for years and looking to go rack mount. I'm not looking for nothing too crazy of course just some racks that will complement my decent clean/crushing lead Peavey 5150 tone. I’m definitely not looking for a different tone or a new preamp because I like the distortion I’m getting now. The rack would mostly be kept at home and would see a live performance maybe 6 times a year (if that at the rate my current band is doing). So here are some of my requirements

1) 4 Space rack limit ( I'm in the process of scoring a SKB 4space for 50 bucks)
    2) tuner / Rack / EQ / Noise / Power Conditioner / fx unit ( just a reverb or chorus would be great).
    3) Keep price under $500.00 US

I know there is 6 different items listed up there but I’m hoping some of you Rack gurus out there can pitch me some nice multipurpose racks that would take care of some of needs. Now I'm looking towards purchasing used obviously so a good figure for the going rate on a particular unit would be great. I'm not partial to brands either so just looking for some quality gear.

Thanks and guys (and gals)

- Alex

TC G-Major.

Comment

Furman Power Conditioner and TC G-Major.

Comment

Depends what you want to play. However:

Furman (as said), Alesis Quadraverb for efx (can be had way cheap).
        http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

So a G Major & a furman should do the trick huh?

how does the g major handle low tunings? ( I usually tune to C#)
          Whats the best midi controller for the g major with the best easy of use?

Comment

Working...
          X