Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Marshall sound for home recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having had a real JCM800 at the same time, the 2.0 model is VERY close to the real thing. that's why i like it. now that the REAL 800 is gone, i KNOW i can still record that sound easier and with NO mic'ing hassles. if i need more gain in front of the model, i access the "boost pedal" function and add gain - or i just throw my MXR classic distortion in front of the pod. gets the job done.

don, i prefer the sounds in the 2.0 also. they are more "in your face".
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

You guys probably already know this but headphones make a difference.

With my POD 2.0, the cheap Sony $10 headphones sound better with more mids.

With the PODxt, I prefer the >$100 ADK? headphones which have a smooth wide hi-fi range.

The XT seems better for non-metal stuff.

Comment

I've got some decent Sennheiser or Sony headphones and a killer set of Extreme Isolation headphones (but my dog at the cord - need to solder & fix). I think they're all in the $50-$75 range. After that, my ears aren't good enough and my brains not tuned in enough to know the difference.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

There´s a guy from Canada who made some very good free plugins (Soldano,Marshall,Engl ).
          The "Hybrit" is one of the best Marshall simulations that I´ve heard.

here´s the download link

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

I´m getting very good results in combination with Redwirez and recabinet impulses

Redwirez develops audio plugins and IRs built around the sound of classic mics, cabinets, reverb and EQ. We capture the essence of the world’s most well-loved gear, in the box.

Audio plugins for a new breed. VST, AU, and AAX format plugins for Mac and Windows. Our products include True Iron, KClip, Synth Warmer, and more.
          Guitars: Jackson KE-1, JRS-1, SL-1 / Charvel 750XL / Gibson Les Paul Standard

Comment

Originally posted by HOTRIFF View Post
            There´s a guy from Canada who made some very good free plugins (Soldano,Marshall,Engl ).
            The "Hybrit" is one of the best Marshall simulations that I´ve heard.

here´s the download link

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.
            +1 on this!!!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

And I forgot to add this one (still in my favorite even if it has becomed old...):

Simulanalog Guitar Suite GUI

http://requietus.blogspot.com/2008/1...suite-gui.html
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

All pissing matches aside on which one's better, I just like the sound of my 2.0. To throw it in the mix, Nothing sounds good through my cheap Sennheiser headphones. They suck, period. I do everything through my Event 20/20bas monitors. Tell the wife-ish and the dog to shut the hell up and you don't need headphones.. lol.

DonP - I tried (and heard others tried) one of the cheap no name midi-usb adapters from china that is available everywhere on the internet and it didn't work. I know a few people who use a M-audio Uno and it works perfect. I wanted the XLR inputs for micing availability so I bought a Tascam US-122L new for $60 on ebay and it works perfect. About the Tascam, it has no preamps so I just wound up putting the mic through the tube preamp and compressor on the POD for vocals and that sounded good too. So all you probably need would be the Uno. You shouldn't have any compatibility issues with any name brand adapters. And... I've never had any type of issues with the Line6 Edit. It opened up tones and availability of tweaking that you don't come near with just the POD. Just download the zip file for all the presets and use them if you like as is or tweak away.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                X