Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best eq pedal for boosting midrange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@SRD86
    But its limited in what it can do. What if he decides he needs both a mid-range boost as well as a level boost?
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      Just a thought...if you don't need a volume boost, you should lower the other frequencies rather than boosting the ones you want to boost. This should end up giving you the sound you want without all the noise of a cheap pedal.
      that's usually never the case. For rhythm most metal players decide to scoop the mids. But for lead, you need the mids to cut through. And hence the necessity to boost.
      Sam

Comment

well, if he's running it in front of the amp and the amp is already pushed and distorting, adding more volume is just going to push the signal more which won't make much of a difference volume wise, it may make a slight difference, but in my experience it'll distort more than add actual volume, adding/changing the frequency signal is what will make the sound stand out.
        In the pic I added, I use the micro amp as an added gain distortion and if I need to stand out I use the EQ.
        I'm no professional, just going on my own trial and error experience.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          that's usually never the case. For rhythm most metal players decide to scoop the mids. But for lead, you need the mids to cut through. And hence the necessity to boost.
          Right, so you'd need to couple the -10 -5 0 -5 -10 EQ with a volume boost in the amp. Or you could set up a nice lead sound on the amp, and then cut the mids with the EQ.
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X