Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a difference between Tom Sholzs Rockman products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a difference between Tom Sholzs Rockman products?

I want to get a Tom Sholzs Rockman, but i want to know if there is a big difference between sound/Tone in the Rockman Guitar Ace, Rockman Soloist, Rockman X100, or the Orignal Rockman. I want one because i find the sound of Criss Olivas guitar tone on the Savatage album Sirens to be something that i might be intrested in having. If any one could help that would be great. Thanks.

Every one of them will give you the sound of Boston's Third Stage album.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Yeah, there are differences although I can't speak to them specifically...there are sites dedicated to this stuff though. I would look at the Sustainor...all the Rockman tone with much more "tweakability".

I know there is a big difference in price among different versions of the Sustainor, as well as mods to bring the lesser desired models up to the specs of the more sought after versions.

Comment

Originally posted by 706AN View Post
        I want to get a Tom Sholzs Rockman, but i want to know if there is a big difference between sound/Tone in the Rockman Guitar Ace, Rockman Soloist, Rockman X100, or the Orignal Rockman. I want one because i find the sound of Criss Olivas guitar tone on the Savatage album Sirens to be something that i might be intrested in having. If any one could help that would be great. Thanks.
        Ahh, great album. My favorite.

I never thought to try a rockman to get that tone. I come close enough with a variety of stuff, but I can't remember specifically what...PODs, DSL100, etc.

Comment

DON'T get the guitar ace. It sucks. Its basically one sound that you can't really tweak.more or less a headphone amp. I bought one a long time ago thinking it was a regular rockman. I think the 100 is the good one.

Comment

Wow...haven't heard the term Rockman in a LONG time. I had the normal Rockman back in the 80's. It suited fine with my playing style at the time, but I did, eventually, rig up an effects loop, because I didn't get enough out of it. I think if you went with the X100, you'd get a lot more versatility right out of the box. Go here for more:

The Rockman served me very well when I was moving around in the military. Good luck.
            Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

I havent owned one, but from the forums over the years...the older X100s
              were supposed to be the best ones. Just what ive read

Comment

I still have both my bass and X100B. Still are killer units.

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thank all of you Very Much. I think i will might go with the X100.

Comment

x100 is the best one

Comment

I had a Distortion Generator a while back. Could get a nasty RIP tone from it.
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                      X