Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wireless (once again) - AKG WMS 40 Pro anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless (once again) - AKG WMS 40 Pro anyone?

hi folks!
    christmas is coming, and I've been thinking about going wireless again.
    my old second hand samson broke quite a while ago, and somehow I feel like I want to replace it with something else.

I rarely gig actually and I rehearse only once a week, but anyway, I enjoy moving around during both, but somehow I feel a little afraid to do so in live situations.
    I tend do mess up my cable with anything in my way (mic-stand, pedals, my bass-player), stomp on my cable, you know that stuff.

well, anyway, the AKG WMS 40 Pro is so far my favourite.
    especially the 30h battery-life seem to be very attraktive.
    I'd like to get the belt-pack one and the Flexx system, which is diversity with two receivers.

but I have no clue so far what ISM actually means.
    the unit is to be had with set band F and set band D (at thomann, where I'd like to order from) and set ISM as well.
    does anyone know what all this is about?

and does anyone have experience with this unit?
    any reports, reviews or information would be awesome!

thanks!

I'm afraid the AKG homepage sucks with regard to information, but here it is:
    http://www.akg.com/site/products/pow...nguage,EN.html

and the thomann link in english is also cut very short, so here's the german one:
    http://www.thomann.de/de/akg_wms40_p...tument_set.htm
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

The problem with wireless from my understanding Micha is that Europe and North America (With North America having far more spectrum dedicated to government/military use.) have totally different frequency bands available to them so what applies on one side of the Atlantic may not be true on the other.

Other than that I have no personal experience with the wireless stuff. I just wanted to throw that caveat emptor out there.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

alright, I didn't think about that to be honest...
      maybe I should find out wether this diversity stuff is worth it anyway over here.
      back in these days my samson still worked I remember walking around my house through the fields without any signal-problems at all.
      in similar threads here I read diversity is a must for a serious wireless-system, but the units without get excellent feedback as well on the thomann homepage for example.

thanks for your reply!
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
      X