Peavey 6505 +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 6505 +

New amp, as said in the title its a peavey 6505+.

Most amazing amp i've ever owned and played on for that matter.
    The crunch is very good for any kind of rock, switch it over too the lead channel your ready to play some metal. Very clear and pure tone. I'm not used too playing on tube amps, so hearing this beast everytime i hook up my jackson makes me wanna play more.. anyways lemme know what ya think

got it for 1074 btw. new at guitar center.

EDIT:

Last edited by wr3k3d; 12-16-2009, 05:04 AM.
    yermsayin?

I like the 6505. I have a Marshall DSL100, and honestly, it can't even compete with the 6505 IMO.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I flipped a 5150 II and while I had it for a while, I really liked it. Coming off of Mesa rectifizzles, I was really impressed and thought it was a recto killer. TONS of gain and the sound is very tight and punchy. THe 5150/6505 to me is a poor man's Engl Powerball. It's real tight like the PB but without the great cleans and clearer hi gain the Engl's have.

You can't beat a 5150/6505 for a one trick pony metal amp when you can grab them up used for $500-600 bucks.
      Jackson USA guitars
      BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
      Diezel VH4
      Framus Cobra
      VHT UL
      Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
      Mesa MK3
      Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

i love my 5150ii. at higher volumes you're gonna wanna turn down that presence and resonance

Comment

Originally posted by musician78 View Post
          i like the 6505. I have a marshall dsl100, and honestly, it can't even compete with the 6505 imo.
          iyo.

Comment

I have one and love it, get the bias up and it really cleans it up in a good way!!

Comment

Does anyone else on here have this amp?
              yermsayin?

Comment

I've been playing one for the past year, it's a great amp, at first i had lots of problems with fuses blowing and it turned out to be a dodgy power tube, got them replaced and it's been fine since.

It sounds pretty damn meaty, it sounds good but it's not quite clear enough for me, feels like it's a bit muddy and flat, regardless of guitar/pickup/combination, like theres no real voice to it. That's probably not explained very well haha.

Does the job though, and Peavey have been excellent with customer service.
                Double Rhoads "Vader" Custom.
                Double Rhoads "Empire" Custom.

EVH 5150III Head and Cabs
                ISP Decimator Pedal
                Sony Wireless Systems
                Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

I've got the original 5150 it rocks. I can get the clean channel clean enough. I wouldn't really call it a one trick pony. I lay off the gain, typically keep it uner 3, I can cover quite a few bases with it. I'm sure the 5150 II/6505+ is even more versatile.
                  Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I have had no problems what so ever. And the lead channel with not too much gain i think its pretty clear or if you use rhythm channel. The only thing is the clean isn't SUPER clean, but haven't messed with the settings on clean much either. I plan on getting a new neck pickup for my dk2.. What would you recommend to clean the amp/polish it.. keep it lookin new?
                    yermsayin?

Comment

Originally posted by wr3k3d View Post
                      What would you recommend to clean the amp/polish it.. keep it lookin new?
                      armorall ?
                      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

There isnt anything special you use for amps?
                        yermsayin?

Comment

Doctor Merton's Amp Polish

available at fine establishments everywhere...
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've never polished an amp, and I never will
                            Out Of Ideas

Comment

haha i keep mine covered when im not playing so it should be fine, but i dont want it too end up looking like my old marshall head. It just looks faded and what not. I just spend a grand on this amp so I defiantly wanna take very good care of it.
                              yermsayin?

Comment

Working...
                              X