No announcement yet.

Peavey 6505 +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I am looking to get a new cab for this.. any recommendations?
    yermsayin?

Comment

polishing and cleaning an amp. Who would have thought. it must be an emo thing

Comment

I have a 5150 combo, and LOVE it. I'm an EVH head, so that figures. BUT, I play in a cover band, and I can do about anything I want with it. The clean channel gets a bad rap, but with some delay, reverb, etc. I like it just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          polishing and cleaning an amp. Who would have thought. it must be an emo thing
          must be an emo thing too keep things clean?
          yermsayin?

Comment

anyone try the 112 combo version yet?
            ---------------------------------------------------------
            Kiesel Aries
            Charvel USA Wild Card #3
            EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

Peavey's usa tube amps are very underated IMHO

Awesome amp
              2011 USA Jackson Soloist
              2007 USA Jackson Soloist
              2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
              2009 Edwards ECY 165
              2009 Schecter Hellraiser
              2006 USA BC Rich Wave
              2012 Gibson LP Trad
              1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

Originally posted by jclogston View Post

i will be pickin one up when money is available

Comment

Originally posted by jclogston View Post
                  Cant wait! If I get a appreciable tax refund this year, I'm gonna buy one. I've waited too long for it.

Some guys at thegearpage.net have tried it and liked it. Its Made in China. But the build quality of nowadays china products seem to be improving. But one guy said it still weighs a lot. Specs on website put it at 60+ lbs IIRC.

To the OP, I had a 5150 once and it was too dirty as well. I used armorall interior cleaner (just because it was the only one I could lay my hands on) and it cleaned up the amp pretty well. But it also gave it a shine which I was not too happy about. After a few months, the shine went away. Hope that helps!
                  Sam

Comment

Does anyone have any particular settings they like on this amp?
                    yermsayin?

Comment

I'm on my third one of these (well this one is a 5150 II).
                      I hope you don't really run your lead channel with the gain dimed out like that
                      try these setting with a good clean boost out in front

the 10 band EQ in the loop really smooths out the lead channel as well.

these subtle setting on the eq thru my recto 2X12 cab sound great.
                      this head loves recto cabs too.
                      keeping the gain on hte lead channel at 6 or below and using a clean boost to 'heat up" the signal in will keep the amp tighter and sharper sounding. Less mud and less fizz. does wonders when I use a 7 string thru it.
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I've played 5150s since they came out, and love 'em. I still have an original 5150 that I use as my main "big venue" amp. They've always been underrated in my opinion. I would agree that Peavey's USA tube amps are generally underrated.

Why is that? It's an American brand, been around a long time, and a lot of their gear is regarded well by people that play it. Plus, most of their good stuff is reasonably priced.

I haven't owned a 6505 +, but have played one in a store, and thought it sounded great. Congrats on the new amp.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                          I'm on my third one of these (well this one is a 5150 II).
                          I hope you don't really run your lead channel with the gain dimed out like that
                          try these setting with a good clean boost out in front

the 10 band EQ in the loop really smooths out the lead channel as well.

these subtle setting on the eq thru my recto 2X12 cab sound great.
                          this head loves recto cabs too.
                          keeping the gain on hte lead channel at 6 or below and using a clean boost to 'heat up" the signal in will keep the amp tighter and sharper sounding. Less mud and less fizz. does wonders when I use a 7 string thru it.
                          yeah man i leave the gain up all the way alot just because i dont play at high levels most the time. and when i do i still like the gain but turn it down here and there haha

and i have no reverb or delay pedals but ill try those settings and tell you what i think.

is that where you leave the knobs when you play lead aswel?
                          yermsayin?

Comment

Working...
                          X