• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm. yeah actually its got jjel34's.
    maybe i better grab some new tubes too.
    thanks trem

Comment

My RM100 LB has been thru quite a few gigs this year too. No Problems to speak of. I recently put new tubes in it (JJe34l's) and it sounds Great.
      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

then i just got one of the bad ones i think. i noticed that theres been a repair done at some point cause theres a slight burn mark at one of the tube sockets(solder side) but it could be a burn from the socket since it looks like theres black reside on the red wire right above it.

edit- see...
        Last edited by jdr94; 12-03-2009, 01:41 AM.

Comment

RM

I would contact Randall and see what they say about that. Burn marks are not good.

Comment

thanks for the suggestion.
            i'm actually waitin for a reply from Stacy.
            the wierd thing is that on v1 and v3 the spot where its burned on v2 had been peeled away. i'm guessing to avoid accidental contact which may have been what happened on v2.

Comment

Looks like those 2 wires coming in may have shorted together.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

This sort of problem isn't limited to Randall. I have a Marshall TSL which has exhibited some similar characteristics. I decided not to screw with it myself (on account of the sheer amount of nasty electrons that can zap me if I screw it up). Uncle Alberts has it right now for a throrough going through.

Comment

well theres definitly somethin else wrong cause it was fine til i cranked the master to 12 oclock, then it blew out the same 2 fuses under the midi board....just gonna drop it of at the shop i guess....this sucks...

edit-hellbat, how does two wires short together? i mean, arent those wires both the same line?
                  Last edited by jdr94; 12-04-2009, 01:53 AM.

Comment

jdr - FWIW, mine has been absolutely bomb-proof. I have the KH model though. It might be moving to Canada soon however.

Comment

Well, it's hard to tell in the picture but it looks like the wires are soldered to an inner and outer point in the tube and that they crossed and it shorted, causing one to burn at the circuit board.

I'm sure the shop will straighten it out if that is the case, should be a semi-easy fix to replace the wire.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

jdr94, I was just wondering if you bought your RM100 new or used? I bought mine used about 3-4 years ago, played it at band practice, some gigs, re-tubed it once as a matter of routine maintainance. No issues with mine so far.
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

oh ok i see what you mean. actually its a line coming from a tab to a single point on the tube socket which then jumps to the next tube

RR- i got it used from a guy who claims to be a randall endorsee and had only used it for 50 hours max. it was an ebay deal but i already left positive feedback so i think it would be hard to file a claim because of it. also i did open up the amp. shoulda tried to just give it back as soon as it went out on me. too late now.

but the seller did say he's got a few shows runnin thru my area near the end of next month and can have his amp tech fix it if i havnt gotten it fixed by then, but i dont wanna stare at this thing for a month. i wanna play the damn thing.
                          Last edited by jdr94; 12-04-2009, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I understand not wanting to wait and wanting to play it, I was wondering if it was new or used as far as warranty goes. Hopefully your local tech can fix it. By the way, such problems are not limited to Randall. My other guitarist in the band turned on his Hughes & Kettner amp at practice 2 weeks ago and immediately blew a fuse. We replaced it and still no sound. He had just played the amp the night before and it was fine, next day nothing. Anyway, it turned out to be an internal fuse that was also blown and a broken solder joint. An easy fix for our amp tech. Perhaps your Randall has something similar going on.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

thanks. yeah i'm thinkin that burn spot probably created a cold solder joint and that why the fuses keep blowing. i'll just cross my fingers. sucks the nearest tech is an hour away. mite just send it to randall, but we'll see. i sent em both emails so i guess who ever answers first gets my money. in the meantime i'm playin a line6 spiderIV 15watt direct to our PA. yes it actually sounds as bad as it sounds

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                                thanks. yeah i'm thinkin that burn spot probably created a cold solder joint and that why the fuses keep blowing. i'll just cross my fingers. sucks the nearest tech is an hour away. mite just send it to randall, but we'll see. i sent em both emails so i guess who ever answers first gets my money. in the meantime i'm playin a line6 spiderIV 15watt direct to our PA. yes it actually sounds as bad as it sounds
                                Sending it to Randall might be a painful process. Have you considered contacting Pete Turley who does mods on the modules? He might be able to fix it for you, perhaps send it to him if he is doing any repairs. i don't know, as he might be swamped with module mods but I'd try him Or even try Bruce Egnater himself. He designed it and is super nice to talk to.
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X