DR Z amps , a cool alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Z amps , a cool alternative

I thought these Dr Z amps were moreso used by country players but i saw a blues & rock band over the weekend and the guitarist was playing one of these DR Z amps, i spoke with him during the break and told me his amp was a DRZ Maz 38. The tone this amp was pumping out was unbelievable and was cutting thru the mix with ease so i thought i'd search you tube to get a demo of the amp and found this which was pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed7x3vr3cCM

Anyone played these DR Z amps or any other models?
    I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

I havent, but Traci Guns was playing these about a year ago. pretty killer tone from where i was standing....
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Yeah the you tube vid doesn't do it justice really until you hear one live, there not a high gain amp but compensates for that with some killer tones.Guitarist was playing a fender & tom anderson strat thru this amp.

The Band i saw were playing covers of, staus quo, The who, Tom Petty ,eagles etc so it was an amp very suited to that style of music.
      I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

I've played a couple in some higher end shops, they are very well built and sound great.

Paisley uses them a lot but you can do a lot more than country with them.
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
        X