Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Fixed. Freudian slip there?
    No, it's past my bedtime and it's been a long day. Thanks for catching it.

Comment

Your bedtime is 8:30 PM?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Fixed

Freudian slip there?
        I don't get what changed. You wrote the same thing? Unless he edited his...
        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Oh yeah, I see it now. My bad
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
            I also use a Crate Palomino v32 for smaller clubs.

joe...
            Nice amp; I have the head/2x12 cab V32 setup, and it would be a great low cost solution. Nice cleans, good at high gain, a good all-arounder.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I too play in a covers band with a 5150 on high gain. We play everything from Sabbath to Duran Duran. It's up to the rest of the band to tame the sound...well they can try.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I can't play on several different sounds/tones. My sound is integral to my playing (and the other way round). The only thing that changes throughout the set is a delay for leads (when I can be arsed hitting it) and a volume pedal (in the loop so I don't lose any drive/gain) for the quieter bits.

We get a lot of complaints though...

Comment

flextone III combo with shortboard should cover about everything for the least amount of money.

i'd rather have a marshall JVM half stack with a pedalboard full of effects but that gets real expensive real quick.
                Last edited by Dreamland_Rebel; 12-04-2009, 05:40 PM.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

what type of covers are you doing?

If I were to start doing covers and use a one amp set-up I'd use my Bogner 101B and a 4x12 or two. Its a pretty versatile amp
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

This is pretty funny, I'm in an 80's cover band and use just about all the amps mentioned so far: Bogner Uberschall, Bogner Ecstasy 101b, Mesa Dual Recto, Randall RM100, Fractal Audio Axe Fx Ultra and next week I will throw in one more into the mix as I plan to use my Marshall Randy Rhoads amp
                    If you plan to accurately reproduce the tone of the cover songs your band is doing then the Axe Fx wins hands down. If you want something versatile and reasonably priced then the Randall RM 100 is your amp. If you want a versatile and well refined amp with even more options than the RM100 then go for an Ecstasy. For the best damn high gain sound the Uberschall kills them all! Also, the Uberschall does quite well for 80's hard rock just by running the gain nob about halfway up or just past. I've used it this way with a 4x12 cab loaded with Celestion 25w British Green Backs. You can make just about anythng work depending on how much time you want to spend dialing in and how much you want to spend Good Luck!
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

What about a Triaxis combined with good power amp?

Comment

I got one of the Line 6 spider valve 1x12 combos when they were on close out for $399. It sounds good for no more than I have in it and is pretty versitile. It doesn't weigh a tone either. Plus it's nice having an "all in one" package. I got a FBV shortboard for $200 off the bay to go with it. I can play pretty much anywhere I want with this thing. If I need/want to go bigger I just tote along my Mesa 2x12 cab. I wished I'd had this rig back in my bar playing, cover band days!

Comment

Working...
                        X