Jet City amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet City amps

LOTS of buzz on these over on HC, so I was by GC today and whipped in for a quick test drive of one. These are 20 watt heads with NO frills, based on the Soldano Atomic 16 or whatever it was... These are Soldano-designed amps, but just made overseas. I guess with the relative success of the Bogner Alchemist, Mike must have thought it was time to jump in the mix.

To sum it up, cool little amp. It didn't quite have the "hair" in the gain structure I needed, and there was no loop, so I ultimately passed on it, but if I had $300 sitting around with NOTHING to do, I'd probably be jamming with it right now.

It consists of the following: Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume, & Presence. It has a nice overdriven rock tone - good for 70's 80's, but not for modern rock. If I had one, I'd probably drop the gain down a bit and hit it with a good OD pedal.

Anyone else try one of these besides me yet? It's probably one of the sleeper deals of the year for sure, but just lacks a couple basic things I need to get by.

i am going to go to gc and check one out. i dont need an amp or have any money though... i have owned an atomic, hotrod and 2 slo's though and do like the soldano tone. from what i heard on youtube it sounds a lot like the atomic with no reverb and just a touch less crunch. i think they are priced right and it is probably a winner. cant wait to see some crazy mods that will be done to these because the price is right!

Comment

Yeah, from what I understand, the boards are Soldano spec. They look pretty bomber.

Comment

Here's their website http://www.jetcityamplification.com/
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The 100 watt head looks intresting. Any idea of the price on it?
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Scott, I couldn't find a price online. I did find a thread on these though on gear page: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=609652

They are made in China

Comment

Thanks, Ron. I guess I'll have to see if the local GC has the 100 in stock.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                They are made in China
                BFD.

Whaddya want for a $300 PseuDano?

I'm so TIRED of people getting wrapped around stupid crap like this. Find a $300 American made amp like this. If you don't like it, and you can't buy from China cuz it'll hurt your image, then don't.

Try it, then judge it.
                Last edited by chrisolson; 12-10-2009, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                  BFD.

Whaddya want for a $300 PseuDano?

I'm so TIRED of people getting wrapped around stupid crap like this. Find a $300 American made amp like this. If you don't like it, and you can't buy from China cuz it'll hurt your image, then don't.

Try it, then judge it.
                  Shut up you

I don't buy Chinese products, and have not for years. Not because of "image". Thanks for calling my decision "stupid crap"

Comment

Shut up you

I don't buy Chinese products, and have not for years. Not because of "image". Thanks for calling my decision "stupid crap"
                    No!! YOU shut up! You! AND your stupid decisions!!

Oh...and FUCK TOEJAM. Just cuz.

Comment

You Fuggin Commie! :ROTF:

Comment

50 Watt head is in the works now, and both it and the 100 watter claim to have the same circuit as the SLO. I'm kinda kicking around grabbing their 2x12 cab.

Comment

I liked the last one I played. I think it was the little head/cab. Soundy pretty raunchy to me.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Scott, I couldn't find a price online. I did find a thread on these though on gear page: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=609652

They are made in China
                            AMS has the 100-watt head for $799.95. Just dropped the price $100. Same at zzounds.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I own the 20 watter and it is KILLER! I may go after the 50 watter as well once they hit stores.

Comment

Working...
                              X