No announcement yet.

Jet City amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they have anything in the JCA line that sounds like a SLO 100 then what you guys should buy it cause the SLO 100 is a killer amp! The trend has been like this the past year or so with the cheaper amps by big names like the abogner Alchemist, Jet City with Soldano, Egnater has a new line that was on display at NAMM as well.
    Anyway, for a cheaper amp you guys should give the Marshall Class 5 a try. Pretty simple with just volume, bass, mid, treble controls. No loop. The louder you turn up the volume the more it distorts. Basically a baby non-master volume Plexi! And don't let the 5w rating fool you as its plenty loud! Oh yeah, its also made in England not China for those of you who it matters to Its a little tone machine!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Talk to Nick from Piney Hills...he sells the JCAs...got mine from him. He completely sold out of them then, but he may have more by now.

Comment

Chit.
        I posted in the wrong spot.

Carry on!
        Last edited by Cygnus X1; 04-12-2010, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
          I own the 20 watter and it is KILLER! I may go after the 50 watter as well once they hit stores.
          What cab are you playing yours through? I was seriously considering grabbing one of these before they're all gone, but if I have to buy a new cab too, it wouldn't be worth it.

Comment

Regardless of what head you are thinking of...
            cabs are a steal!
            Every two days or so even this small city...
            I see Marshall, Mesa, Peavey 4x12s running between
            200 to 450 bux loaded.

I only have so much room.
            I happen to like the Peavey 5150 Block logo slant.
            Sounds decent and projects very well.
            $180 loaded with Sheffields (which I think sound
            like G12M70's...one of my oddball favorite Celestions).

Comment

Originally posted by kevhogAZ View Post
              What cab are you playing yours through? I was seriously considering grabbing one of these before they're all gone, but if I have to buy a new cab too, it wouldn't be worth it.
              The Jet City 112 for practice and an Avatar 212 loaded with Eminence Super Vs for those times when I need a little more.

It gets pretty loud through the 112 even with the volume at 4. I don't think you'll have volume problems, especially if you mic it (assuming you want to gig with it). It's plenty loud for home use and the Eminence that comes in the 112 is decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                Chit.
                I posted in the wrong spot.

Carry on!
                Yeah, I left it alone because I figured you really COULDN'T be saying what it looked like you were saying in the context of this thread. Glad you caught it!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kevhogAZ View Post
                  It has a 16-ohm and 2 8-ohm outputs so any cab with those impedances would be okay, I reckon.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                    It has a 16-ohm and 2 8-ohm outputs so any cab with those impedances would be okay, I reckon.
                    I emailed Avater today, they made my cabinet, and they told me I could run one of the 8 ohm output jacks in to one of the inputs on my cab, and I'd be good to go. Not helping my trying to save some money plan for the summer!!

Comment

I bought a 20W head and the 1x12 cab. Plug my DK2M in an I'm in 80s metal heaven I really like it. The only drawbacks are no loop and VERY limited clean headroom. Then again, if you want loud cleans, get a Fender.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                        Yeah, I left it alone because I figured you really COULDN'T be saying what it looked like you were saying in the context of this thread. Glad you caught it!
                        Forgive me - I do get frustrated.
                        Jet City is fine.

I do mean what I said.
                        It's just not cool for me to jump in on someone else's parade to get my point across.

Comment

How the 20 watts compares to the Blackstar offering?

I've seen those at a local store on Friday but I had not the time to try them. Here in Montreal, the one I saw (don't know which model they had on the floor) but I remember it was more expensive than a 6505. Are they comparable amps or quite different?
                          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Not tried one.
                            But based on what Soldano stands on...I would think it would shine far above a
                            Blackstar.

Just going by reputation, not actual knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                              Not tried one.
                              But based on what Soldano stands on...I would think it would shine far above a
                              Blackstar.

Just going by reputation, not actual knowledge.
                              The Blackstar 20-watt head is $499, vs. $299 for the JCAH20. The Blackstar is billed as a 2-channel amp but I'd guess it's probably like a JCM800 in that the second "channel" is a diode-clipping OD circuit. Which is fine, but for $200 saved I'd pull out my trusty SD-1 and run it in front. The Blackstar also has an effects loop, but for this kind and size amp not sure that's really that desirable, but there you are: built-in OD and an effects loop for $200 more.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these JCA20H's on Ebay. I've seen on YouTube, that a pedal in front of it does wonders for the gain. I'd like to get a more modern tone out of it, as in way more than just AC/DC type's of tone. Would it matter what pedal you ran through it, or would you need something fancy?

I'm kind of retarded when it comes to pedals, so any advice would much appreciated. For example, would I need a "Distortion" type pedal, or just an "Overdrive" pedal?
                                Last edited by kevhogAZ; 04-25-2010, 08:20 PM. Reason: I'm dumb

Comment

Working...
                                X