Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on vox night train or ac15h1tv

tried one at gc the other day.
    i didn't get any real playing time on it, but sounded good from what i heard.
    anyone have either one of these and have any opinions?

I haven't tried either but in that size/price range I have tried the Orange Tiny Terror and it's like a little white box of mojo.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

i've played the nighttrain, and it does sound great, but the whole single channel thing kinda sucks.

Comment

What sort of tones are you after? I recently bought a Blackstar and love it.
        Sam

Comment

I have Night Train, and I love it. Vox has a winner in this model.

In the Bright switch setting, the cleans are remarkable. All the chime and sparkle you expect when you hear the name "Vox" is in there. Increase the gain, and the amp really grunts with authority. It's got the Humble Pie, Mick Ronson, and Mick Taylor-era Stones sounds sussed. Yet with the higher gain, it never sounds compressed and never loses the high end shimmer. Surprisingly good clean headroom at such a low wattage.

In the Dark switch setting, it has only one real sound. But it's a GREAT sound! Vox was going for a killer lead tone in the tradition of Brian May, and they succeeded. It would be nice if you could toggle between the two switch settings via a footswitch though, my only complaint with the amp.

I have an Orange Tiny Terror too, and I run both amps through a Mesa Stiletto 212 cabinet (V30s). This cab brings out the best of both amps. The biggest difference with the Orange is the extra midrange in the tonestack. It doesn't sparkle like the Vox does, but it gets a smoother overdive than the Vox. It's worth it to me to have both amps. I use them both in a rig, and control the switching to the cab with a Radial Headbone pedal.
          Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

thanks for the input...
            gc has the ac15 on sale for $199 but i'm debating if i should just step up to the night train

Comment

Working...
            X