Most Transparent Floor FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Transparent Floor FX

For all you multi-FX guys out there - what would be the most transparent Floor FX out there? I use a Rocktron Xpression at home and that's really good, but I prefer not to carry rack plus head and controller. I also have a XT Live, X3 and GT8 - all of them suck tone. Don't need modelling - just clean FX.

Any ideas... also, if we could keep it under $500, that would be great.

I can't wait to see what responses you get Pete. Your question is an absolute mystery to me. The most transparent floor based effects I have ever used is a Yamaha SPX90II in the loop for delay and reverb and pedals out in front. Not even the G-major is transparent enough. I also agree that the GT6,8 and the Line 6 stuff all suck tone BIGTIME regardless of using the 4CM or not.
    I heard the Boss ME50 or ME70 is pretty good but I never tried one. My guess is that they suck tone too.

Comment

Boss GT3 or GT5. I own a GT-10 and I'm constantly having to edit again and again
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I think you're going to run into tone problems with pretty much all those floor based multi-effects units. You are better off going with individual, high quality stomp boxes with true bypass or running them through an effects looper on your pedalboard. That way when the effect is not in use you can remove it from your signal path with the stomp of a switch. This is what I'm doing with my Marshall amp. Of course buying the effects individually will be more than $500 easy. I like stuff by Fulltone, Retro-Sonic, etc... High quality stuff from manufacturers that are particular about tone.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          Boss GT3 or GT5. I own a GT-10 and I'm constantly having to edit again and again
          The GT's are TONE SUCKERS

Comment

Tone suck city, but I used a Pod Pro for effects for a while. I used the "Tube Preamp" setting, mid gain, all EQ at 12:00, and all cab sims OFF. Then use effects to taste. It wasn't bad, but it did color the sound.

Comment

The TC Electronic stuff is about as transparent as you are gonna find.

Comment

If I recall, one of the most transparent effects I ever used in the loop was an original Behringer V-Amp 2 Blue bean. If you pushed 2 buttons it would turn all the preamp and modeling off and just act as an effect processor. That was actually fairly transparent.

Comment

Probably the TC Electronic G-System. I have the G-Major and I love it but that is a rack based system. The TC Electronic G-System can be left as Floor setup or placed in a rack. The only thing is that it is not cheap. It runs for about $1499.

Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ✅ guaranteed low price, ✅ free shipping, ✅ 0% financing, ✅ 8% back in rewards.
                  Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I'm looking for a TC G-Force now. Even today, they're still expensive, and quite rightly so. I listened to some clean patches - the delays and choruses are fuggin amazing.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

What about the TC Nova System? That looks like a good, cheaper ($500) alternative to a G System that is still floor-based.

Comment

The Carl Martin pedals that I've checked out were all very transparent. I don't own any and only demo'd them so I would still check them out thoroughly before taking the leap...worth investigating though.

Comment

line6 M9 or M13.

TGP'ers seem to love those units.
                          Sam

Comment

Working...
                          X