Digitech GSP21 PRO Remember these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech GSP21 PRO Remember these?

I still have one of these sitting around. Functions all appear to work, but nothing but fuzz for sound. Anybody know where I can get this serviced. It's been down for a looooong time....Damn I'm old.
    My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
    Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Send it in to Digitech, would be my suggestion - if they will still service it. If THEY won't, probably no one else would either. If they WILL, it will be cheaper, even with shipping, than a local tech. Or, look up their closest authorized service center to you if you want to keep it local.

Of course, I always spray the shit out of anything with contact cleaner before I try anything else. You'd be surprised the gear I've restored to life that way....
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Cheaper to find a new one off Ebay probably. I still use mine in my pa rack as a reverb unit.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I've got 3 of them - a 21, a 21 Pro with the Legend upgrade, and a Legend. I dug them out and plugged them in a while back and still don't see anything wrong with the tones. They sound as good as my ADA MP-1 + Digitech TSR-12 combo, and as good as my GSP 1101 (although both do sound different, I can't say one sounds better).

One of them only does fuzzy-noise. It did that a few years ago and I sent it off to some place to be repaired, but I've long-since lost the address, and even then Digitech wouldn't touch it because they were pimping the then-new RP1/RP10 and other replacement gear.

IIRC, the repair order said there was a cracked resistor or 2 on board #2. Good luck finding it though
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Found a place in Broadview Hts. that Digitech recommended that MIGHT work on it. Otherwise...it may be up for grabs Newc.
          My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
          Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Comment

this place may have some helpful info

Comment

Nice link, jdr!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tonemonster View Post
                Thanks for the info guys. Found a place in Broadview Hts. that Digitech recommended that MIGHT work on it. Otherwise...it may be up for grabs Newc.
                Trust me, I don't need another one

But do let me know if that place can fix them.

Last edited by Newc; 12-10-2009, 05:43 PM.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

jacknapalm is right tho you can find another one for fairly cheap. i picked up my gsp21 pro w/ footcontroller for $120 shipped

RacerX- its funny cause i just did a search for gsp21 pro to look for some info since i saw one for sale and that site was one of the first 4 that came up. once i knew i had some kind of source to go to for info, i hit the guy up and should have my gsp next week sometime.

btw- that deiter guy seems to have alot of knowledge on the units so maybe an email could get u a few suggestions that the tech could look out for.
                  Last edited by jdr94; 12-11-2009, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X