New Cab! george lynch fans look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cab! george lynch fans look!

Well. I've been after a good cabinet to go with my Randall T2 for a few months now. I had offers of 2 x 12 VHTs, Orange etc but some thing else always came up and I had to spend the money I'd saved up. So I just put it to the back of my mind.

Recently my BC Rich Gunslinger's neck was really making my hand cramp up. I'd be playing certain things and I couldn't keep a hold of a chord for very long but playing lead was fine. I didn't have this problem with my other guitars. So I put it down to not getting on with the insanely thin neck it had.

I put it up for sale a few days ago, no interest.

The other night at practice I was really dissatisfied with the sound I was getting, really 'farty' and fuzzy. I knew it was my cab not being able to handle the Randall. So after practice I redid my Ad for my Gunslinger and that I would accept a trade for a good Cab.

5 Minutes later I get a message from Jonathan a Feline Guitars, he wants to trade his PROTOTYPE George Lynch Randall 4 x 12. I instantly accepted and drove down to Croydon (outer London) on wednesday to do the deal.

I'm so happy I now have a fantastic set up and the new cab really handles the T2 well, so much more push, crunch and projection. Here's some pictures

What's this?

George Lynch's signature! George actually used this cab and signed it when he did a clinic in the UK (must of been before his signature Randall came out). The differences between this cab and the production is obviously the Randall badge, a simpler badge and this one doesn't have plastic handles, it has cut outs in the wood.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

cool! I met george too at a clinic in the US
    http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/u...eorgelynch.jpg
    EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
    1959Epiphone les paul
    george L cables
    mxr pedals
    Engl fireball 100

Comment

Very cool. I was just checking out the matching head this past weekend.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Some of the early (pre Skull logo) cabinets have 25 watt greenbacks in them. Do you know what speaker is in this??
        I have the regular production version Lynch 412 (Eminence Super V's), and EVERYTHING sounds better thru this Cab.
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Yeah, the Lynch 412 with Super V's is an amazing cabinet. I have two buddies I have to watch closely or they end up plugging in their amps into my cabinet.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
            Some of the early (pre Skull logo) cabinets have 25 watt greenbacks in them. Do you know what speaker is in this??
            I have the regular production version Lynch 412 (Eminence Super V's), and EVERYTHING sounds better thru this Cab.

This cab has the Super V12's in them. The speaker casing is black, where as the production Super V12's are red? or am I mistaken?
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Super V's that come in the Randall cabs have black casings. The Super V's that you buy seperatly are red.
              (I come to that conclusion, becasue mine are black as well....)
              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Just looked in my cab yesterday. They are black.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Red or Black, doesn't matter...they still sound fantastic! I just bought an Avatar 212 in the classifieds with Super Vs and my tone has never been better.

Comment

Same speaker, just OEM and retail version.

Comment

I got to try the new cab last night at rehearsal. My tone is MUCH better. No problems with being heard, no mush, no flub and leads really projected well.
                      93 USA Soloist EDS
                      USA HT6 Juggernaut
                      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Working...
                      X