Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Axefx... anyone ever talk to a person there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axefx... anyone ever talk to a person there?

Do they have a phone? I cant get any replies from them. I know they
    are busy, but i would just like a couple minutes of their time? At least
    a receptionist? Daunting to send them $2165.00 only thru their
    Yahoo store! :-)) Tim? Have you talked to them? Wondering if they
    will be at Namm next month? Before you give me their Email addresses...
    ive tried them 4 times each!

Never talked to them on the phone but back when I ordered my Ultra from them I did it through e-mail. They got back to me very quickly by e-mail at the time. Also, Cliff answers questions pretty reglarly on the Axe Fx board.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

I gotta ask: Why do people put so much weight on a phone conversation? Not just for this, but really for any such deal. I almost had my 2101 sold, but the guy wants to play some kinda phone game. Like what, hit me with a high-pressure sales pitch? Give me some bleeding heart story about how his kid needs a heart transplant and he can't afford to pay the price I want but he'll gladly split his last $50 with me? Find out if I have a deep manly hero voice or a high squeaky voice or to see if I'm fucking sarcastic? He's got a polygraph hooked up to the phone and asks me a series of control questions then asks me for detailed specs on the item to see if I'm lying or some shit?
      I just can't imagine why people are so co-dependent

I mean, fucking pony up or piss off, jeez

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, I know exactly what you mean. Last time I sold a guitar here in Denmark, the guys I ended up selling it to was exactly like that. After having essentially made up his mind and called me several times, he spent a long time trying to make me pay half of the shipping costs (which was something like $50)--and this was for a ~$2000 guitar. Maybe it made him feel like it was a real bargain, I don't know. To me it was just silly and annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          Do they have a phone? I cant get any replies from them. I know they
          are busy, but i would just like a couple minutes of their time? At least
          a receptionist? Daunting to send them $2165.00 only thru their
          Yahoo store! :-)) Tim? Have you talked to them? Wondering if they
          will be at Namm next month? Before you give me their Email addresses...
          ive tried them 4 times each!

Not on the phone, but, I met Cliff when I picked up my Axe.
          I live close enough that I was given the option of just going to NH to get one.

Really nice crew, but very small team.
          the only 2 people I saw there were Cliff and Marty.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            I gotta ask: Why do people put so much weight on a phone conversation? Not just for this, but really for any such deal. I almost had my 2101 sold, but the guy wants to play some kinda phone game. Like what, hit me with a high-pressure sales pitch? Give me some bleeding heart story about how his kid needs a heart transplant and he can't afford to pay the price I want but he'll gladly split his last $50 with me? Find out if I have a deep manly hero voice or a high squeaky voice or to see if I'm fucking sarcastic? He's got a polygraph hooked up to the phone and asks me a series of control questions then asks me for detailed specs on the item to see if I'm lying or some shit?

Damn Newc...merry christmas! LOL I dont care about a phone call,
            its just that i couldnt get an answer via email...(turns out their busy!
            Cliff did PM me on the Gear page, so all is well..!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

I'm gonna go with "they wanna make sure you're not some Nigerian scammer"
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Let us know how you like the AxeFX. I'm thinking of getting an Ultra soon.

Comment

Yeah, Robert, be sure to upload some videos of you demoing it in your underwear

Comment

Just Ordered it ! Hopefully will have it by Saturday the 2nd? Then the
                    learning curve starts... at least a year for me! LOL

Comment

Just Ordered it ! Hopefully will have it by Saturday the 2nd? Then the
                      learning curve starts... at least a year for me! LOL
                      Cool, congrats Robert!
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Just Ordered it ! Hopefully will have it by Saturday the 2nd? Then the learning curve starts... at least a year for me! LOL
                        Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        Cool, congrats Robert!
                        +1 to that.

Comment

Matt wont be so friendly in 3 months, after ive bugged him 30 times
                          over tips and tricks of programming!

Comment

Working...
                          X