ISP Decimator. Anyone tried these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    The "G" version has 2 gate blocks in it so you can run the guitar direct into the pedal, then into the amp and then run the amp's loop through the pedal as well.
    The advantage is the level and threshold is sensed at the guitar input, and the gating is done in the amp effects loop. This means that you'll get the same gating for both clean and dirty channels of your amp (as well as for any pedals you punch in in front of the amp after the guitar out of the G-String). The original Decimator had only one input. So if you put it in the effects loop, the threshold would need to be adjusted as you switched amp channels.

I don't have the G-String pedal, but they seem to imply it has more of the gating techniques from the rack system in the G-String then in the regular Decimator. That would make sense as price adder for the G wouldn't be justified if all you got was the loop. Someone with both would have to to an A-B comparison.

Comment

I use the ISP Decimator pedal in front of my Peavey JSX and its a blessing, takes away all the hiss and feedback without any tonal repercussions.

Comment

Originally posted by skintaster View Post
        Ok, I finally bought the Decimator pedal. It's amazing! Does exactly what it's supposed to and doesn't screw with my tone or cut my notes short. Completely tamed the horrible squealing feedback issues I was having with my high gain rig, and frees me from making constant volume adjustments while playing. I think it's just become part of my "mandatory gear" list.

PM sent

Comment

Working...
        X