Digidesign Eleven Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digidesign Eleven Rack

I know there has been at least one thread on this before, but it seemed to be directed at studio/recording use.

Has anyone used the Eleven in a live setting?

I'm considering switching over to this for its functionality both for recording and playing out. But I'd first like to know what works best for live use...either direct into the PA or through a power amp. Is there a noticeable difference and if so, do they both still sound good?

I don't have the cash to go AxeFX, so please don't bring it up!

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
    I don't have the cash to go AxeFX, so please don't bring it up!
    If you can afford the Eleven Rack than you can afford the Axe-FX. It's just a matter of waiting a little longer to save more money. Besides, the Eleven Rack doesn't quite measure up to the Axe-FX but then again, you get what you pay for.

Comment

I tried an Eleven Rack through a tube power amp into a 4x12 and into a pair of Mackie SRM450 PA speakers. It sounded great both ways.

Comment

As far as the Eleven Rack and pricing I thought it was half the price of the Axe-Fx and the 1101 was half the price of the Eleven Rack. I haven't had the chance to try any of these out. But I've been told that the axe-fx is the best but it's not 4X better than the 1101. As far as the Eleven Rack, I have no idea. Heck I should probably just go plug into my $150 VAmp pro and mind my own business

Comment

Unless there are super deals to be had, I'm seeing:
          GSP1101 - $500
          Eleven - $850
          AxeFX - $1500
          AxeUltra - $2000

Comment

I just got the V Amp Pro for Xmas, and for 150 bones I don't think it can be beat...there really does seem to be limitles..ok maybe not limitless, but certainly way more than I could ever put to use...possiblilites of tones with this thing. I am happy as fuck wiht this $150 box!

But spend your money how you see fit
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

The 11R is amazing...its very affordable considering you are getting a pro tools interface, pro tools le, and a rack that can be used live.

The amp models sound unbelievable. Apparently, the AxeFX is very complex. The 11R was so simple to figure out.

Here are some video clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGEZY1doxcg
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRUGwawy5RY
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQIi6vlR82M
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhZCv6uSU40

Alex

Comment

Very cool of you to post these clips. Thanks!!!

Comment

Your clips sound great!

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                    But I've been told that the axe-fx is the best but it's not 4X better than the 1101.
                    Then you've been told wrong. The Axe-FX is capable for doing significantly more than the 1101. Whether or not someone needs all the features of the Axe-FX is one thing but it does do a heck of a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by deflep View Post
                      Apparently, the AxeFX is very complex. The 11R was so simple to figure out.
                      The Axe-FX is complex but that doesn't mean it's difficult to understand and program. Some folks have more difficulty learning it than others. I for one had no issues because I'm well versed in processors.

Comment

Alex--thanks for the clips...they sound fantastic!

Matt--I don't doubt that the Axe is the cream of the crop...I'm just not sure it's for me at this point in time. Plus, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to processors so I don't know how I'd do with one!

I checked out the GSP1101 and I was very impressed by how it sounded. I had not been overly impressed by any of Digitech's products in the past, other than the Whammy!

Comment

I still love my POD Pro.

Comment

I have the Boss GT-10... very nice unit, but last night i ordered the "Ultra"..! In my case, it will allow me to sell my TC Gmajor...ADA
                            MP-1...and Boss GT10 so that is going to get me about $750 back on
                            the $2K i spent! So the Ultra will end up costing me about $1300.00..
                            or so...Sweet! According the Hippietim, its going to save him about $30K in gear... So its pretty much free...

And those 11 vids sound pretty good, but not nearly the jaw dropping tones ive heard this last month from Fractal!
                            IMO...worth the extra $1100.00 :-))
                            Last edited by Robert Burns; 12-30-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Just got to listen to your clips, DL - sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                              X