Digidesign Eleven Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
    In my case, it will allow me to sell my TC Gmajor...ADA MP-1...and Boss GT10
    Yeah...similar here. My plan is to sell my ADA MP-1 and TC G-Major as well. At this point in time though, I'd only be able to swing an AxeFX if I sold my power amp as well and I really don't want to do that. I could sell off a guitar I guess, but for the first time in my life, they all "feel" just right.

The tones of the 11R I'm hearing on clips completely blow away anything I've been able to obtain on my current setup...hell, even the 1101 pretty much does better than what I can come up with. I just can't bring myself to go with the AxeFX at this point...maybe some day, just not now.

Comment

I think one huge plus of the 11R over the AxeFx is that the Eleven Rack also acts as a ProTools interface.

You can record vocals through this thing or plug in a MIDI controller. It's basically a full fledged PT interface that happens to have the Eleven Rack guitar plug-in built in.

For the price its a no-brainer.

I just ordered a Voodoo Labs Ground Control from Matts Music to toggle the settings and stuff.

Thanks for checking out the clips! More to come...

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
        If you can afford the Eleven Rack than you can afford the Axe-FX. It's just a matter of waiting a little longer to save more money. Besides, the Eleven Rack doesn't quite measure up to the Axe-FX but then again, you get what you pay for.
        Looking at current computertechnology I'd say both are overpriced
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
          Looking at current computertechnology I'd say both are overpriced
          Well thats always true! Ultra should cost $1100.00 and the 11
          should run $550 in a perfect world!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
            Looking at current computer technology I'd say both are overpriced
            None of the current plug-ins can compete with the higher end hardware based solutions. There's more to a great guitar sound than software. Even then the quality of the algorithms is worth paying for. I've tried both Amplitube 2 and Guitar Rig 4 and they don't compare to the Axe-FX.

Comment

On a completely different level, I just hooked up my V amp pro to my computer with a mdid cable for the first time.....HOLY EFFIN SHIT!!!.....I had no idea that you could do so much with guitar toys!!! This is incredilble just how many different tones you can get from $150!!!!! I'm not even that good of a guitar player...my daughter doesn't even like the sound of guitar only music....she just came in and said..."dad was that you? you've played that stuff before, but it never sounded like THAT...that was GOOD!"
              This is fucking fun.
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                None of the current plug-ins can compete with the higher end hardware based solutions. There's more to a great guitar sound than software. Even then the quality of the algorithms is worth paying for. I've tried both Amplitube 2 and Guitar Rig 4 and they don't compare to the Axe-FX.
                Right. By no means am I putting down any of those other products, but software can come close to recreating an amp tone pretty much with no problem...it's the ability to make it react like an amp when you play certain ways that sets these units above anything else on the market...and what makes them cost more.

Comment

Any of the three is lighter than my Mark V by about 60 lbs, too.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                    Any of the three is lighter than my Mark V by about 60 lbs, too.
                    By itself, yes, but not when there's a Mesa 2:90 in the same rack!

Comment

I have an Eleven Rack, had a GSP1101 from the time it was released until I sold it after trying the Eleven Rack, and I have spent considerable time with a friend's AxeFx.

I don't know if you are familiar with cars, but I compare having an AxeFx to owning a Lotus Esprit (In other words - exotic car performance comes at a price). Yes, the AxeFx does everything folks claim, but it is not, in my opinion and experience, a plug and play device. Using the AxeFx to its full potential seems to really require using FRFR monitors, playing around with IR's, and doing extensive editing. However, if you are willing to do all of that and invest in high quality FRFR monitors, the sounds are incredible.

If you don't need all of the effects and amp models contained in the AxeFx and want to be up and running withing fifteen minutes of opening the box, then check out the Eleven Rack. Not only is it completely idiot proof, the tones available are incredible. The true-z input really makes playing through the eleven rack "feel" like you are playing through a Marshall vs. a Fender vs. a Mesa, etc. I have found that it sounds great running in front of guitar amps.

The GSP1101 does more (for instance, the Eleven Rack doesn't currently have delay spillover), but the sound quality was enough of an improvement that I decided giving up the features of the GSP1101 was worth it. Also, unless something has changed, Digitech appeared to have stopped supporting the 1101 and the only updates were beta versions available through mustbebeta.com (and I believe those were pretty much done as well). The Eleven Rack is at the beginning of its life cycle.

Most importantly, the Eleven Rack is orange and black and looks cool.

Comment

Thanks Trypp...that's pretty much what I've been hearing, but maybe not as directly as you've put it. The Eleven Rack sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for. Looks like it's soon time to start selling some gear!

Comment

Here's a new clip using the 11R and my new gibson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hGMPifsWeM

Comment

Wow, you hold your pick kind of like Marty Friedman.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                              I have the Boss GT-10... very nice unit, but last night i ordered the "Ultra"..! In my case, it will allow me to sell my TC Gmajor...ADA
                              MP-1...and Boss GT10 so that is going to get me about $750 back on
                              the $2K i spent! So the Ultra will end up costing me about $1300.00..
                              or so...Sweet! According the Hippietim, its going to save him about $30K in gear... So its pretty much free...

And those 11 vids sound pretty good, but not nearly the jaw dropping tones ive heard this last month from Fractal!
                              IMO...worth the extra $1100.00 :-))

You gotta love a guitar players thought process.
                              Reading the above statement must mean that Rob got the G-Major, the MP-1 and the GT-10 for free. In that case... SWEET.
                              I can give you jaw dropping tones from a Behringer LX112 that I paid about $125.00 for.
                              I will say that a software amp is great in a 1 guitar band. God help you if you are in a 2 guitar band and the other guitarist has a real tube amp.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                                You gotta love a guitar players thought process.
                                Reading the above statement must mean that Rob got the G-Major, the MP-1 and the GT-10 for free. In that case... SWEET.
                                I can give you jaw dropping tones from a Behringer LX112 that I paid about $125.00 for.
                                I will say that a software amp is great in a 1 guitar band. God help you if you are in a 2 guitar band and the other guitarist has a real tube amp.
                                I had friends in 2 guitar bands that switched to Flextone and/or POD setups back when they were newer. When one guitar player switched before the other, it was always noticeable - not in a good way. Even when one of the guys would toggle back & forth between his POD and MP-1, you could hear it. When they both used the POD, it was AWESOME though.

Comment

Working...
                                X