Hey Amp Experts, I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
    Should check out the VOX Nighttrain. Played one at guitarcenter that was set up through the cheapiest fucking cab ever (Raven 4x12) with a LTD VF-401 Eclipise and it had some fucking balls on it. Does the modded Marshall sound pretty well, deffinatly sounded pretty bitchin'.
    I saw those at two places I think. I liked how they looked but none were set up. They seem to be a direct competitor to the Tiny Terror. Same price and everything.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Surprised no one suggested the Randall rm20. It seems like a lot of people on this forum like the mts series of amps
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I like the Egnator Rebel 20 myself. It's nice that so many decent low watt tube amps are available these days.

Comment

Okay, I had a chance to try out the Jet City JCA20H and Vox Night Train, side by side, today, at GC. While I was quite impressed with the Jet City (especially, given the price!), the Night Train had more gain on tap, and the Jet City seemed to have a rounder tone, even though I tended to gravitate toward the Vox. I think if I had the chance to throw my Bad Monkey overdrive pedal in front of the JCA20H, I would've been in tone heaven, merely cause it would've given me that extra gain that the Vox had.
          The Vox's thick/bright switch made quite a change: On "thick", the amp has plenty of gain, and you bypass the tone controls, which was fine, considering the fact that the tone it was oozing out was just fine. On "bright", yeah, you get your tone controls back, but lose alot of gain. And I definitely preferred the mode switch set at pentode instead of triode.
          At one point or another, I had either of these babies cranked, full-tilt. I think either one of these would've been just fine in a small club atmosphere.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
          X