Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Axefx Ultra after 2 hours of plugging in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would try downloading the update again. Bad checksum means the update is corrupted.
    Scott

Comment

• Do any of you guys know what's the officially supported MIDI device by fractal audio? ...if any?
      Sam

Comment

• Sup?

I have always used Bomes SendSx(I'm on a PC though)
        This powerful utility for Windows creates small Sys Ex messages and can send them to any MIDI device. It's also a great little MIDI monitor, and can easily

to send firmwares in, and patches in/out of my Axe and has always worked for me.

You might also play around with slowing your midi buffer and/or increasing the delay settings . I have read that a number of times in the past that it helps with some units.

Here are a couple of quotes I dug up real fast.
        When I use the Axe Editor with my Delta 1010, I need to slow the midi buffers down like so: Midi Buffer Size - 256; Midi Buffer Speed - 201. If I don't do that, I seem to frequently lose connection before I can finish a firmware update. If I update with the Midi-Man I have no problems, but I do with the Delta 1010.
        i have a Motu fastlane,and with the standard midi buffer in the axefx editor it didnt work,so i put it on 250ms
        and now it updates without errors,the progress bar should be running with equal speed on the Editor and on the Axe fx,then im shure it will
        work,good luck
        I had the same problem as the original poster. I tried to do the firmware update with Axe-Edit 0.9.102 and my MOTU FastLane-USB, but the Ultra just restarted after receiving the firmware update (no "GOOD CHECKSUM" or even "BAD CHECKSUM"). I tried all sorts of things (restarting my computer, changing the buffer size), but ultimately the fix that did the trick was to increase the "MIDI Buffer Delay" to "90 ms". (in settings > Editor Settings...) This immediately produced a flawless update.
        Tried slowing down the transfer a bit to 91ms, didn't work.

So I decided to try Matt B's solution and decrease the Midi Buffer Size in the Editor Settings down to 128....

AND IT WORKED!! (heh, fun with fonts)

Can't believe it, after all that trouble with different programs and it was too high a buffer size.

Maybe this is a solution for some of the others that are having problems.
        MOSHON
        DAVE
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad View Post
          ^Yeah, almost nobody is using them live. Amongst another unknowns, Chris Broderick is currently using one on tour with Megadeth....and word is that Dave might be as well, but it hasn't been 100% confirmed.

Here is a whole list of unknowns:

Dweezil Zappa? Who? Devin Townsend? Who is that guy? Marty Friedman? Never heard of him either. I also heard that some garage band called Meshuggah or something has been using them live for quite some time.
          Not to mention Jeff Loomis, Dan Spitz, Steve Stevens,Greg Howe,,, I don't think many people have heard of them either, but they are all pretty well unknown and don't get out much

MOSHON
          DAVE
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

• that's quite a find there Dave! I'm gonna try it out today and let you know. Thanks!
            Sam

Comment

• Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              Still waiting to hear one live. Have not seen one in this area. Don't know a single person that has one that plays in a band live. It appears that most of the owners buy these rigs for home use.

You guys are so quick to defend your AXe FX software amps. Jeez...
              If any of you read my post, I said nothing about FAMOUS people. I said I have yet to hear one live and have not seen one live in my area. I don't know a single person that owns one that plays live but I know a ton of people who own them that only play at home. I go to concerts and shows constantly and have never seen a guitarist using one. They all seem to use the crappy amps like Bogner, Marshall, Mesa, etc.....
              I guess they just don't know what good tone is all about!
              I always thought it was a chip thing and not a tube thing.

Comment

• Well, I finally got the update to work. I had already downloaded v9.03 a couple times to my computer thinking perhaps the file was corrupt but that didn't solve it either. What worked is that I downloaded the drivers for my Midisport 2x2 for the third time! I tried it again with Midi-Ox just as I had done a couple days ago and it worked right away this time! I still don't know why it didn't work several times previously. Note to self, updates only work on Mondays not Fridays :think: I'll have to remember that next time
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

• Let us know your feelings on the 5.x to 9.x jump as far as how it sounds/feels.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Glad to hear the update finally worked. I too would like to know how you compare 5.x to 9.x sound-wise. There have been so many changes since version 5 that you'll probably want to consider rebuilding your presets from scratch to optimize them for the new firmware.

Comment

Still waiting to hear one live. Have not seen one in this area. Don't know a single person that has one that plays in a band live. It appears that most of the owners buy these rigs for home use.
                      Hippie Tim and I are both using them live. Aside from sounding as good as most rigs that I've ever played through (and that's a significant amount of amps and effects) and having more flexability than ANYTHING that I've ever played through, the ease of load-in/set-up/load-out is awesome as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                        Hippie Tim and I are both using them live. Aside from sounding as good as most rigs that I've ever played through (and that's a significant amount of amps and effects) and having more flexability than ANYTHING that I've ever played through, the ease of load-in/set-up/load-out is awesome as well.
                        I have a question. What exactly is your chain from guitar through speaker? Also does it differ from practice to recording to live? Anyone feel free to chime in. I am really intrigued...
                        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                          '
                          I am still waiting to hear one live. I will certainly chime in once I hear one live. The clips online are great but that doesn't mean squat live.

Comment

'
                            I am still waiting to hear one live. I will certainly chime in once I hear one live. The clips online are great but that doesn't mean squat live.
                            Go see Megadeth...Mustaine and Broderick are now both going direct live. Here's a pic of Dave's rack taken at a recent gig. The guy who took the pic said that those Marshall power amps were never even turned on.

There is also a live clip of Dweezil playing Eruption. I know that you want to hear it in person, but that clip is somewhat telling without a doubt.

Comment

• Comment

• Yeah but one proton torpedo are you're gig is toast.
                                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X