Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Axefx Ultra after 2 hours of plugging in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried the QSC and it sounds great. I chose the FBT because it's about 20lbs lighter than the QSC for the same power/speaker size and sounds equally as great if not better due to the coaxial speaker design (no proximity effects). The whole reason I tried the Axe was to downsize my live rig as I was simply sick and tired of loading in/out an 8 space rack and 4x12 cab. I'm down to a four space and the FBT...I can easily carry one in each hand. Add a few guitars and a midi pedal and I'm ready to go...set-up/tear-down only takes a few minutes. Add to that the best live tone I've ever had (for hard rock/classic metal) and its a no-brainer.

Comment

• hey,
      Have either of you guys tried or listened to the Titan 12? For $389, active, 12" speaker, under 30lbs, seems a good deal. a couple of people vouched for its quality and tone on the Fractal forums too.

I was also considering the Behringer Eurolive series, but only for a little more, the Titan seems a great choice. http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cg...ITAN-ACTIVE-12

thanks
      Sam

Comment

• The FBT's are supposed to be good and lighter as Rupe pointed out. I don't know much about the Titans. The Behringers I'd probably stay away from. Most Behringer stuff if I buy it I expect only a limited amount of use from before it breaks. For example, a friend and I each bought a pair of Behringer subs for our PA systems. We got them fully expecting to replace the speakers with something better when they blow up. We've both upgraded to Eminence speakers, my original Behringers blew within a year and a half of purchase. The lone exception seems to be their FCB 1010 pedal. I use this to switch patches on my Axe Fx and it hasn't broke yet. You can go with Behringer but they won't sound like the QSC or FBT stuff and reliability is pretty suspect is all I'm saying.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

• Sup?

I'll get you guys something sent out tomorrow

I just stuck a clip up in the MP3 section of a song I'm working on right now that I tracked my guitar using my Ubershall Patches on, that I'd like to get some feedback on to help me tweak the mix if you want to give that a listen

MOSHON
          DAVE
          Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 04-22-2010, 10:42 PM.
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

• SUP,

Emails are Sent

MOSHON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

• What emails? You got new patches? Can you send 'em to me too?

I've decided to try the FRFR route. I now believe its the quickest route to a particular tone you're seeking. I just put money down for a pair of Yorkville Active monitors and waiting to grab a good deal on one of those FBT's.

I guess the "search for tone" never ends because the "tone in our head" is usually a tone we heard on a CD which was recorded usually by mic'ing a cab. we plug into a guitar amp and cab and wonder why we cant get the CD tones. Going FRFR, I believe is the right way to look for that tone where you can boil it down to the mic that was used to record that particular CD track. For a long time I've been searching for the Candlemass' Nightfall album tones. I believe I'm really close. However, I'm using my Panasonic home stereo system with EQ set to 'FLAT'. Once I get them active monitors, I can be sure if i nailed it or not.
              Sam

Comment

• And the endorsement list (unpaid mind you) continues to grow:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/artist.html

Comment

• Wow, Vai and Petrucci added to the stable. That will help move some units. Hopefully the company taps their expertise for improvements to the product.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Devin Townsend cut his hair!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Devin Townsend cut his hair!
                      bald works for him. when you said "cut his hair" I imagined him looking like an accountant now

that list is becoming a real Who's Who. But of course, none of this addresses the fact that digital cannot make your shorts flap in the breeze like a tube amp through a quadbox
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        none of this addresses the fact that digital cannot make your shorts flap in the breeze like a tube amp through a quadbox
                        Wanna bet?

Comment

• I knew it was only a matter of time with Vai, i was watching Where the Wild Things Are a few weeks ago and said to myself, Vai will have an Axefx soon, and a few days later he posted a pic of his studio with and axe right there.

Kinda surprised to see him post an endorsement tho especially saying "it's all i need now" what about Carvin? heh, wonder if he'll be using Carvin power amps - hey maybe they'll come out with some Vai model power amps

I don't know if i would go as far as to say the axe is "flawless" as Vai did, not that i found any negative really it sounds incredible once you get your sound and for all the pluses it affords the negative (if there be any) are totally cast aside.

The only difference at first to me between a tube and this was in the feel,
                          but even that can be dialed in i found anyway close to what your used to or even better.

You may find something you compromised before and got used to, you can do better on the Axe, and any discrepancy or whatever it doesn't even matter.

I honestly thought i probably would end up selling it even as i bought it. No chance.
                          Took a week or so tho for it to sink in.

Once you mess with it and get your sound, or 3 or 4 that you can't even choose which you like best cause they all sound kick ass, then you'll know.

Believe it - resistance is futile you will be assimilated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trem View Post

Once you mess with it and get your sound, or 3 or 4 that you can't even choose which you like best cause they all sound kick ass, then you'll know.

Believe it - resistance is futile you will be assimilated.
                            This....^

I knew it would only be a matter of time with Vai also.... I hope he posts some patches later too.

MOSHON
                            DAVE

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                              Wanna bet?
                              oh come on, man. I once tried a 15 watt Line 6 through an 8" speaker for 15 minutes at the guitar shop so I KNOW there is NO WAY that anything digital could come close to sounding like a row of roaring Marshall stacks

ps. please take anything I say with a grain of salt. I'm just shit-stirring. (hence the winky in my last post)
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post
                                This....^

I knew it would only be a matter of time with Vai also.... I hope he posts some patches later too.

MOSHON
                                DAVE
                                I'm not surprised about Vai as he probably was impressed by just the Whammy effect alone Now Petrucci is another matter. Does this mean his 20 space racks of Mesa and effects are being replaced by an Axe Fx? Petrucci has killer tone live and I'll be seeing Dream Theater with Iron Maiden in July. I wonder if he's playing it live? I hope they both let us know some settings they use as I'd put those in my Axe Fx Ultra
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X