Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Axefx Ultra after 2 hours of plugging in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    oh come on, man. I once tried a 15 watt Line 6 through an 8" speaker for 15 minutes at the guitar shop so I KNOW there is NO WAY that anything digital could come close to sounding like a row of roaring Marshall stacks

ps. please take anything I say with a grain of salt. I'm just shit-stirring. (hence the winky in my last post)

Comment

• Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      I'm not surprised about Vai as he probably was impressed by just the Whammy effect alone Now Petrucci is another matter. Does this mean his 20 space racks of Mesa and effects are being replaced by an Axe Fx? Petrucci has killer tone live and I'll be seeing Dream Theater with Iron Maiden in July. I wonder if he's playing it live? I hope they both let us know some settings they use as I'd put those in my Axe Fx Ultra
      I saw a thread somewhere where his tech mentioned that he is still fully using his Mesa amps and the AxeFx is hooked up 4CM.

Comment

• Is this thing 100x better than a Vetta 2? Because I had one of those for two weeks and returned it.
        Scott

Comment

• Better? Yes. I had a Vetta 2, and thought it was unreliable and I couldn't get what I wanted out of it. Tone is a very personal and subjective thing. Myself and my friend have very different tastes when it comes to metal tone. We sit down and compare all the time. My friend ended up buying one and has it integrated it with his Engl E-570(?) amp so that he can use the modeling or his own amp tone, as Chad mentioned earlier with his 4CM method. We worked on it together and it is a pretty damn spiffy setup. He is using the drives of the Axe-FX pre-engl and placing effects around his amp in any fashion he wants. Along with that, he can bypass the pre-amp stage of his amp and go modeling with a change of a patch. It sounds amazing and really cut down on the amount of gear that he has to carry around now. For example, he had this home spun drive unit that was built by a friend of his. We were able to pretty much nail that unit's drive. When we did that, he was pretty much sold and started tweeking and making his own. Sure beats all this ground control/switchblade shit. Axe-FX has something for everyone.

But, then again, you could look at this thing and think it is complete shit. All I know is that it works for me and some big names are starting to catch on (Vai, Petrucci, Townsend...)

-Nate
          Last edited by nateb; 05-26-2010, 02:28 PM.
          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Wow, Vai and Petrucci added to the stable. That will help move some units. Hopefully the company taps their expertise for improvements to the product.
            I don't know if anyone remembers this but, I seem to recall someone from the Vai camp calling up Fractal Audio and saying "Send us a unit" so we can try it out *cough keep it*. Fractal basically said that they have to pay like everyone else. Wonder who gave up in the end? :ROTF:
            Last edited by nateb; 05-26-2010, 02:46 PM.
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

• Great playing Moshwitz!!! Loved the tones and the riff!!

Edit...I just went throught your entire library of sounds. Great stuff. You guys should be signed. If you ever need album art, let me know, I would love to do something for you guys. Heavily discounted.
              Last edited by Learn Guitars; 05-26-2010, 06:17 PM.
              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                Great playing Moshwitz!!! Loved the tones and the riff!!

Edit...I just went throught your entire library of sounds. Great stuff. You guys should be signed. If you ever need album art, let me know, I would love to do something for you guys. Heavily discounted.
                Wow,,,there's no way I would have ever saw that coming

Mike,, that is VERY righteous of you to offer brother,,Thank you it would be an Honor and Privilege for me if you did my art

Its funny too,,,,I just met with the guy that is most likely going to be my new Drummer today,,and while we were talking I had told him about a vision of artwork I had for an album cover I would one day like to have done........

I only have a few minutes right now but when I have a little time(I type Slowwwwwwwww) I'll drop you a PM.

Once again,,,WOW,, Thanks brother..You rock

MOSHON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

• ^ Wow! What an honor! Happy for you Dave!

And the best (or worst depending how you look at it), the AXE is THE GAS killer. I completely stopped visiting Rig-talk and the Boogie forum looking for new pedal ideas, etc. to get better tone. I visit the TGP because their off-topic forum has very interesting threads . My GAS has completely been quenched. However, for some others their Guitar GAS has been re-kindled.
                  Sam

Comment

• Just got the July 2010 Issue of GW in the mail today, and on the CD they include with it there is a pretty in-depth look at Broderick's setup for the Megadeth tour. He is using the AxeFx Ultra through Marshall power amps. In the video on the CD they even showed the editor on the computer for the AxeFX. Thought it was pretty cool, not sure if any of you have seen that or not, but it's pretty cool.

Comment

• Figured it would already be out on youtube, but it wasn't, so I went ahead and uploaded it if anyone wants to watch it. The section about the AxeFX starts at 3:00. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQW4l0Mi108

Comment

• Cool Thanks!

Comment

• Thanks for the upload. That trans white Ibby is the hottest guitar they've ever made.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• What an interesting video! I wish I understood more of what he was talking about re the Axe Fx though. I find it amazing that he only brings 3 axes (only 2 backstage) on tour!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Haha, I liked how he switched from his Engl amp to a model of one named Energyball I'd really like to try one of these out at some point.

Comment

• Agreed, but its better than before with my VHT at 1/2 wattage(45w)...and trying for loud at bedroom levels. Now my same Db level is twice the slap
                                in the face, and i love it! Way more brutal at lower volumes than my old GT-10/VHT set up. Axe is still the worlds standard for guitar processing, until
                                Cliff comes out with an Axe Ultra II~!

Comment

Working...
                                X