Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Axefx Ultra after 2 hours of plugging in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
    Agreed, but its better than before with my VHT at 1/2 wattage(45w)...and trying for loud at bedroom levels. Now my same Db level is twice the slap
    in the face, and i love it! Way more brutal at lower volumes than my old GT-10/VHT set up. Axe is still the worlds standard for guitar processing, until
    Cliff comes out with an Axe Ultra II~!
    I agree that it must be the ultimate bedroom amp. FLAME ON

Comment

• Originally posted by javert View Post
      Haha, I liked how he switched from his Engl amp to a model of one named Energyball I'd really like to try one of these out at some point.
      It's a crushing sim. I use it myself. If I get a set of balls and a camera, I'll record something.

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

• Vai did! Cause he is now a major artist endorsee, for Fractal,

Comment

• Moshwitz, clean your PM's man. I can't reply to your message. Another "flaw" with the new board. The old board would send out emails until the PM'd were cleaned up.
          Sam

Comment

• Done
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

• Had another gig last weekend...this unit never ceases to amaze me. Absolutely ZERO issues with getting lost in the mix...the tone was huge and filled the room like no other rig that I've ever played through (I've played through ALOT in my years). I can't imagine this technology not being the future of live guitar...all of the tone and dynamic response of a tube amp (at any volume no less...the sound man loved me) with the consistency and reliability (no maintenance) of a SS rig. Throw its portability into the mix (I went from an 8-space rack at well over 100lbs and a 75lb 4x12 cab to a 4-space rack and 12" FRFR monitor...altogether under 80lbs and easily carryable by one person) and its a complete slam dunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                Had another gig last weekend...this unit never ceases to amaze me. Absolutely ZERO issues with getting lost in the mix...the tone was huge and filled the room like no other rig that I've ever played through (I've played through ALOT in my years). I can't imagine this technology not being the future of live guitar...all of the tone and dynamic response of a tube amp (at any volume no less...the sound man loved me) with the consistency and reliability (no maintenance) of a SS rig. Throw its portability into the mix (I went from an 8-space rack at well over 100lbs and a 75lb 4x12 cab to a 4-space rack and 12" FRFR monitor...altogether under 80lbs and easily carryable by one person) and its a complete slam dunk.
                Curious.. are you in a one guitar band or 2?? If there is another guitar player, what type of amp do they use??

Comment

• Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  Curious.. are you in a one guitar band or 2?? If there is another guitar player, what type of amp do they use??
                  2 guitars...the other guy plays through a complicated rig with a THD Bi-Valve 30 slaved to run a W/D setup powered by a Peavey 50/50 power amp through a stereo Marshall 4x12.

Our tones meshed way better than I ever thought they would...non of the typical "modeller gets buried by tube amp" issues. If anything, my rig hits even harder (although the ablity to cut through a mix has A LOT to do with tone settings...I have no doubt somebody who doesn't understand the dynamics of live tone could set the Axe up to sound like sh#t and get buried). When he began to crank things up (which he always does as a gig progresses ) I simply turn up to match his stage volume (a 400w powered FRFR monitor handles that task nicely).

FWIW, he's now looking into the Axe himself.

Comment

• Hey Rupe, which FRFR monitors are you using man? IIRC its the FBT Verve 12ma correct? have you tried QSC K10's?
                    Sam

Comment

• Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                      Hey Rupe, which FRFR monitors are you using man? IIRC its the FBT Verve 12ma correct? have you tried QSC K10's?
                      You got it. The QSC sounded great as well but had a bit of a proximity effect due to the setup of its speakers whereas the FBT uses a coaxial design that eliminates that issue (I stand about 3' away from the monitor live so it makes a big difference IMO). Even better for me is that the FBT has the same power and speaker size as the QSC but weighs about 20lbs less.

Comment

• I believe Roodyrocker uses the QSC HPR122i (their top model) monitor(s) with his Axe-FX.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

You got it. The QSC sounded great as well but had a bit of a proximity effect due to the setup of its speakers whereas the FBT uses a coaxial design that eliminates that issue (I stand about 3' away from the monitor live so it makes a big difference IMO). Even better for me is that the FBT has the same power and speaker size as the QSC but weighs about 20lbs less.
                          thanks for the reply. however, the FBT is only 400watts (300+100) while the QSC is 1000 watts. You're right about the weight, but the one thing that's drawing me towards the K10/12 is that can be pole-mounted. Can the FBT be pole mounted? I'm thinking, if I decide to go back to my old band, I can have a pole mounted K10 or K12 about chest height and seat the AFX rack on top of it. Those poles can take 100lbs combined weight.
                          Sam

Comment

thanks for the reply. however, the FBT is only 400watts (300+100) while the QSC is 1000 watts. You're right about the weight, but the one thing that's drawing me towards the K10/12 is that can be pole-mounted. Can the FBT be pole mounted? I'm thinking, if I decide to go back to my old band, I can have a pole mounted K10 or K12 about chest height and seat the AFX rack on top of it. Those poles can take 100lbs combined weight.
                            I think the QSC that I tried was 400w but I could be wrong...it was over 6 months ago :think:
                            The FBT can be pole mounted as well...a great option if you want to take the sound man out of the equation

Comment

I think the QSC that I tried was 400w but I could be wrong...it was over 6 months ago :think:
                              The FBT can be pole mounted as well...a great option if you want to take the sound man out of the equation
                              Cool, if it can be pole mounted, then from what I've heard about it, its the best FRFR option out there (at least for the AXE). I guess I'll have to buy it unseen. I'd have to admit, FBT's info is very hard to find on the net. I could not find a single pic showing the pole mountable slot.
                              Sam

Comment

I could not find a single pic showing the pole mountable slot.
                                Those kind of pics are all over the internet

Comment

Working...
                                X