Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Axefx Ultra after 2 hours of plugging in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    I am so surprised that he likes it. lol.....
    Do you know of any pro's that have used it to record? I would like to hear a track with a band playing.
    Now i finally hear the complaints of how the Digitech/Boss/Vox modellers
    were so thin and lifeless! It took the Axe to show my ears, what truly
    high end audio i was missing! It makes the BossGT-10 sound like a
    DOD $30 pedal !

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      The list of pro's using the AFX in GW ad's is increasing. the latest addition is marty friedman. I've no idea if they're really using it or just tried it and said its good, but no thanks!
      Be aware that there are no paid endorsers for the Axe-FX so at least anyone that is using one is not getting one for free.

Comment

Glad you're diggin it Robert, its cool shit isn't it

I still giggle when I hear about how its just another modeler, and how it couldn't be all that cause the way the Line-6 and other modelers sound, and in no way could ever stand up to good old trusty Reeeaaalllll tube amp BAH.. I don't even bother turning My Engl Savage120 on anymore,,,somebody want the damn thing? Ya just have to play through the Axe for just a little bit and you know this is evolution

I'd have to agree with this....

Originally posted by Poopynuggeteer
        Thank you, all great suggestions!

Have a happy holidays!

The Axe FX Ultra is the single best tool for guitar I have ever owned.

Cheers to the creators!

That quote is from Devin Townsend on the Fractal forum.

MOSHON
        DAVE
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post

That quote is from Devin Townsend on the Fractal forum.

MOSHON
          DAVE
          No Kidding! Devin's awesome!
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post
            I don't even bother turning My Engl Savage120 on anymore,,,somebody want the damn thing?
            I'll take it if you're giving it away
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              Now i finally hear the complaints of how the Digitech/Boss/Vox modellers
              were so thin and lifeless! It took the Axe to show my ears, what truly
              high end audio i was missing! It makes the BossGT-10 sound like a
              DOD $30 pedal !
              I'll tell you what.. I'll give you $40.00 for the GT-10!!

Comment

I gotta say.. the clips online of this Axe fx rig are incredible.

Comment

Just today, I was reading an article on premier guitar about selecting speakers. In that he talks about the frequencies a distorted speaker produces. I wonder if the axefx can reproduce such minute yet significant details? I'm thinking FSFS monitors wont be able to distort the way traditional guitar speakers do?

this would also explain why at lower volumes the mojo is lost...

How does a speaker distort?
                  When a speaker distorts, it produces two types of frequencies. The first type is harmonic distortion: this is heard as additional tones which are multiples of the original note played. For example, if the original sound produces 100Hz, you would also get 200Hz, 400Hz and so on, even though these tones are not part of the original sound. The second type is non-harmonic distortion, also known as odd harmonic distortion, and often referred to as a buzz or a rattle in the sound. For example, if the original sound produces 100Hz, the odd harmonic distortion would produce frequencies of 300Hz, 500 Hz, and 700Hz, etc.

When setting your tone, there are a series of specs you need to consider, starting with your guitar and amplifier. The signal from a guitar pickup is mostly all midrange and is not rich in harmonics, with practically nothing coming through above 4000Hz. The sixth string “E” tuned to pitch comes through at about 80Hz, two full octaves above the 20Hz low frequency our ears can pick-up. The standard 4-string bass has a range one octave below the guitar, with the low E at about 40Hz.

The way typical guitar amplifier circuits, such as Marshalls and Fenders, are designed also affects how the speakers will respond. The most obvious difference is that the Marshall circuits let more signal pass through, and the tone controls offer less frequency range. The higher signal means that the preamp tube stage can overdrive the output tube stage more. Additionally, the Marshall circuits have a slight dip in the midrange section, almost an octave higher than Fender amps, metering in around 700Hz. A Fender’s midrange dip is around 400Hz, while the bass response on both amplifiers meter in around 10Hz. Fender’s tone controls allow for a higher midrange frequency to pass with the treble response, meaning more dynamic range for that sparkling, tight sound they’re famous for.

Read the entire article here
                  Sam

Comment

The speaker section alone is insane for the tweakability!.. menus and pages of phase cancellation...and about 35 different speaker combos to
                    put inside of about 20 different types of cabs... and the pick which way you want the sine waves to interact ! Boost voltage in transformers, and
                    change the wiring on speakers! Placing about 40 different mics in 4 or 5
                    different angles, and on and on...... shit, make your own EVH Atomic bomb!
                    Literally anything that has to do with ANY piece of guitar equipment
                    can be tweaked in 30 different ways! This thing is 100 times deeper
                    than any processor ive ever seen. Easily you could spend 5 years in
                    blissful mad scientist tweaking.

Comment

I gotta say.. the clips online of this Axe fx rig are incredible.
                      Im not exagerating (for once!) its about 30% better in person, than
                      ANY video ive watched... amazing thump and prestine sparkling sound!
                      Its like world class high end audio for guitar... Trouble is, it also
                      brings out every pick scratch and mistake you make! Why did i buy this
                      stuff? LOL

Comment

I am so surprised that he likes it. lol.....
                        Do you know of any pro's that have used it to record? I would like to hear a track with a band playing.
                        I know im an excitable guy, but from my first Digitech...ive always had
                        great guitar processors for the times...so sure ive liked every one of them!
                        When i bought the ART SGX...it was the "Fractal" of its day!
                        The only thing i didnt own was the Eventide stuff...but it was insanely
                        expensive... sure glad im past spending a ton o' money on a processor!

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                          Just today, I was reading an article on premier guitar about selecting speakers. In that he talks about the frequencies a distorted speaker produces. I wonder if the axefx can reproduce such minute yet significant details?
                          The Speaker block in the Axe-FX doesn't include a Drive parameter which reproduces speaker break-up so yes, it can do that.

Comment

Im not exagerating (for once!) its about 30% better in person, than ANY video ive watched... amazing thump and prestine sparkling sound! Its like world class high end audio for guitar... Trouble is, it also brings out every pick scratch and mistake you make! Why did i buy this stuff? LOL
                            One thing that struck when I first played through an Axe-FX is the character of the particular guitar you're playing really comes through.

When I had my MP-1 based rig, I could use the same standard heavy distortion patch for all my guitars some of which had hot humbuckers, PAFs and single coils. They all sounded pretty much the same.

When I started using the AXE-FX, I had to create different patches for each guitar/pickup type to achieve similar sounds. Even then, the overall character of the guitar's voice still came through.

Comment

Easily you could spend 5 years in
                              blissful mad scientist tweaking.
                              Heh, I don't even get into the Advanced Amp block parameters. After I've got a patch pretty well set, if I tweak anything it's usually just minor adjustments to preamp gain, master volume, treble/presence and speaker cab. I always use an SM57 sim though I have been dabbling in combing (2) different speaker cabs. You can get some pretty sick tones doing that.

Comment

It sounds like this device is not for someone who likes to just plug in and play. I could see wasting years tweaking the settings.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X