Mesa Boogie Strategy Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie Strategy Amps

Has anyone used one of these amps before?

I'm playing on a triple rectifier now with an GSP2120 (so i hardly ever hear the flagship rectifier sound).

I think I'd like to step away from this triple-rec for a mesa strategy / stereo amp as a replacement and run my efx stuff into it. would i notice anything differently in sound or should i be on the lookout for something else?

the rec have efx mixing issues (not having a serial efx loop,etc) and i am starting to feel the repercussions of it. figured this would be a good way out.

any thoughts?

Originally posted by hwnd View Post
    Has anyone used one of these amps before?

I'm playing on a triple rectifier now with an GSP2120 (so i hardly ever hear the flagship rectifier sound).

I think I'd like to step away from this triple-rec for a mesa strategy / stereo amp as a replacement and run my efx stuff into it. would i notice anything differently in sound or should i be on the lookout for something else?

the rec have efx mixing issues (not having a serial efx loop,etc) and i am starting to feel the repercussions of it. figured this would be a good way out.

any thoughts?
    I haven't tried the Strategy but you're right about the effects loop in the Recto. Funny you should mention it as today a friend of mine told me he heard the Recto is getting a serial loop this year. Don't know if its true or where he heard it from but I'll find out at NAMM next week. Also, the serial loop in my Bogner Uberschall still robbed tone whether with pedals or rack gear and I even tried one of those Line Level Shifters to match things up. No matter what I lost sustain and gain through the loop. I gave up on it and go through the front end of the amp instead using pedals through a looper. That way the effects are completely out of the signal path when not in use and they get switched in by the looper when needed. My live tone is so much better that way. You might want to consider that route and keep your Recto if you like its tone.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      a friend of mine told me he heard the Recto is getting a serial loop this year. Don't know if its true or where he heard it from but I'll find out at NAMM next week.
      Yes, it's true. The new rectifiers will have a serial loop, recto tracking, and selectable 50 or 150w on the triple. Clean channel is supposed to be better also. They are now nearly a 3 channel Roadster.
      Jackson USA guitars
      BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
      Diezel VH4
      Framus Cobra
      VHT UL
      Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
      Mesa MK3
      Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

Originally posted by RJF View Post
        Yes, it's true. The new rectifiers will have a serial loop, recto tracking, and selectable 50 or 150w on the triple. Clean channel is supposed to be better also. They are now nearly a 3 channel Roadster.
        Ah, so now I can claim just like everything else in the music world that my current Dual Recto is "the last of the good ones" from back when they built them good, "they don't build them like this anymore"
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
        X