Peavey BAndit 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey BAndit 112

Anyone own one of these? This thing has a ton of features in it, but it sounds nothing like my old little transtube practice amp, which sounded pretty thick and smooth for a SS amp.

Mine sounds buzzy and metalic. They are supposed to not sound like that, so I just want to know if I got a lemon, or if it is my guitar\PUP combo making it sound like that, or is it just the way the amp is.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

When I first started "playing" guitar I wanted one... until I tried it out. Not even knowing what I was doing I could tell it sucked. Might've just been the one I tried I suppose.
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I honestly don't remember going through such a tough time finding a solid state distortion, back in the day before I could ever afford a tube amp.

Lately, I have tried a Randall head, a Marshall Zakk Wylde Mini Stack and this new BAndit 112 and all have had this buzzy distortion.

I would really like to belive it is the pup, and it still may not be a good pup for what I want now, but as I mentioned, this guitar and pup through my old Peavey Rage does not sound Buzzy or metalic at all. That is why I got this thing to begin with thinking I was going to get the same kinda sound since it was from the same series, The Transtube.

Comment

That's it!! This thing sucks and is going back. Now I discover that it has a severe chassis rattle when it is turned up to like 3. None of my stuff sounds really good with it except the flanger

I can get my hands on a valve king for only 60.00 more than I paid for this piece of junk and although it isn't a MArshall. at least it is a tube amp.

Comment

I like the clean channel a lot. The lead channel is ok, but not great. You can dial some usable distortion, but it is quite noisy with high gain. The reverb is digital and kind of sucks. I didn't notice any buzz BTW.

The best solid state Peavey amp IMHO is the XXL, which sadly was discontinued few years ago. I was blown away by XXL's Ultra channel. The Bandit's Lead channel is quite lame compared with XXL's Ultra channel. I heard the XXL has active EQ unlike the Bandit's passive one.

You should be aware that there are four different versions of the Bandit and I heard some of the old ones are supposedly better. The one I have is v 4 (MIC).

Comment

Well, I can beleive the older Bandits sound better as my rage , which is about 8 years old sounds fine. Unfortuneatley it is on it's last legs and cuts in and out.

I don't know why Peavey would change that.

It's pretty bad when I can hook my guitar up to a Zoom recorder and use the simulator and get, probably the best guitar sound I have ever had, but can't get a stupid amp I can afford to do the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Riffmeister View Post
              it is on it's last legs
              Hey buddy http://jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102310
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Man, I was in CA and asked about having a guitar shipped to DE . The dude asked me ,"Where is that ? Montanna" So when people in CA start to realize that DE was the first State, then I will worry about the fact that I accidentally put a ' in LOL

Comment

I had an older bandit that was 80 watts with a single Sheffield speaker that I bought new in 1995 or thereabouts. The distortion sounded great as well as the clean. I was thinking about picking up a new one a while back, but I got a Vetta instead. I don't know how the new ones sound, but I didn't think Peavey would change the design that much.

Comment

Looking at this BAndit on Paper with all the features, and having heard an older trasntube amp, you would think this thing would be great.

But the more I play it, the more I dislike it. It is so loud that you really wouldn't need it past 3 to play over a drummer, at around 2, it has a SEVERE rattle to it. I tightned up everything and it still rattles very badly.

Now it doesn't sound TOO bad if you just play power chords on the A and the E, but forget about open strings and other chord voicings, they just sound like a buzzy mess.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                      I had an older bandit that was 80 watts with a single Sheffield speaker that I bought new in 1995 or thereabouts. The distortion sounded great as well as the clean. I was thinking about picking up a new one a while back, but I got a Vetta instead. I don't know how the new ones sound, but I didn't think Peavey would change the design that much.
                      The older ones were made in USA, the newer ones are made in China. And to the OP, the Valvekings are made in China too. I've heard good things about them, but if I were you I would try THE SPECIFIC ONE you intend to buy. Not try the floor model and then have them bring you a boxed one from the back.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X