No announcement yet.

Carvin X100B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres a reissue version in my local shop, and Ill deff agree, it sounds killer and the 25w switch is a very nice option considering I live in an apartment. Im seriously considering going in there tomorrow and handing in my Marshall badge in favor of the x100b. IMO it sounds like what would be if a Dual Rec and a Mark V had a baby and the babies uncle was an Uberschall.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Well, I did it. Traded both 900s for an X100B and an 87 Kramer USA Baretta.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I had the original XV212 combo from 1981-2001 no problems. Had 3 X-60b heads and they were all rock-solid too. They had the 3-way power switch and really sang at 15 watts, STILL too loud to crank at home but I could open 'em up a bit. Wish I'd never sold them. I have a VM100 that they only made in 1996-97, have the 1997 Series II and I like that even better. 5 12AX7s as opposed to 3 in the X-amps. But I miss the switchable effects loop/volume boost of the X-amps.

The gain channel was a little fizzy but an SD-1 really helped tighten that up. Still got the SD-1 even though the X-amps are gone!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X