Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought: Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo

Wow.
    I needed to downsize away from head and cabinets or rack and cabinets and totally not into lugging around pedals anymore so I got a "modeling" amp.
    This thing sounds amazing.
    I have stayed away from as much digital processing in my sound as possible for 15 years, because while there have been some good sounds from digital modeling, I've always thought the sounds were missing a certain "warmth".
    I went out and bought this amp basically without even trying it out. I figured it was OK because Peavey is trustworthy, and the Vypyr is one of the newest modeling amps, like the Line 6 Spider 4.
    I really could not be happier. It can do a trillion different sounds with effects or without them, and they all have a totally "real" quality.
    I have not played with a drummer yet with this amp, so I can't comment on how well it will cut through that noise, but so far it is blowing my mind and killing all of my previous thoughts about digital processing and amp "modeling".
    The last "modeling" processor I heard was one of the Digitech RP units from about 6 years ago. It was one of the higher end ones, but I thought is was missing some "warmth" and I haven't even given the digital world a second thought until a few days ago when I bought this amp.
    It really pains me to switch sides on my long-standing opinion about amp modeling. I really feel it has caught up to all of the super high end boutique and rare classic amps and effects. I recently saw a picture of Tom Petty's practice studio with all of the amps and guitars and all of that, and I thought "I'd sure like to spend some time in that room". This whole modeling amp thing is making that close to possible with one little combo amp.

my 2 cents......

I'm with you on that one..I've been playing mine for about a year now...just recently got the sanpera 1 pedal and love the looping function that gives...I love that you can just sit and tinker for ages to get what your looking for or to try and improve on what you have dialled in.

Comment

Working...
    X