POD XT Live or M13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD XT Live or M13?

Looking to get a multi-effects pedalboard, any opinions/suggestions on choosing between the two?

I had a pod xt live and now have an xt and while I like the amp models I has never happy with it as just an effects unit. It didn't have enough foot switches to turn the effects on and off - either that or I never learned how to do it right. I've never used the m13 but another one you might want to consider is the digitech rp1000. I've been seriously considering that one, I've played around with it 2-3 times now and it seems really easy to use and sounds good. The rp500 has the same effects but doesn't have a loop for the amp so all the effects would be before the amp.

Comment

Those units do two different things. The POD is a modeler and has preamp/cabinet emulations. The m13 is just an effects unit. It doesn't have a preamp model or cabinet emulation.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

The M13 is very highly regarded over on the TGP. And those guys are pedal freaks with people owning more than 100 pedals!

The PODXT is a modelling device which tries to simulate different amps, cabs, etc. The M13 on the other hand is also a modelling device but sticks to emulating different pedals. While the M13 also has distortion pedals models, there are no cab simulations and such. Its meant to go in the fx loop of an amp.

unlike the m9 which has no fx loop, the m13 has one which also allows it to be connected to your fav amp using the 4 cable method. Also, I believe the M13 is lot more expensive than the Pod XT.

You can set up different "scenes" with the M13. its essentially like a patch. One patch can call OD, Delay and chorus which another can call OD, Chorus and Flanger for example. Also, you can have more than one pedal of the same type. Like two delays at the same time for wild sounds. And according to the TGP'ers the modellings are spot on for many pedals.
        Last edited by emperor_black; 01-19-2010, 03:11 PM.
        Sam

Comment

Working...
        X