Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun with Pickup rewinding... Try this guy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with Pickup rewinding... Try this guy!

Zhangliqun (Dave) over on the Seymour Duncan forum just fixed me up in a big way with a bunch of pickup rewinds. He does amazing work, so if you have any pickups kicking around that are broken, or you just want to experiment with a magnet swap or mild overwind, he's the guy, I'm telling you.

I basically shipped him all my non-functioning pickups and he crafted me out of the pile of parts the following:

-1 matched set of strat pickups, all custom wound and designed to sound sweet together. After installing them in my strat, I can honestly say I've never heard better. He walked me through my options, was very patient, and the end result is amazing.

-1 rewound SD Custom that came out of a very early 80's San Dimas Charvel. It now has a home in the bridge position of my PRS SE Singlecut, and it smokes so bad I look like freakin' Ace Frehley. Incredible balanced output with everything I need in a Bucker to make me grin from ear to ear. Volume control as overdrive control. Brown. Superb.

-1 custom made soapbar for my PRS SE Soapbar II bridge position. Mississippi Queen? Yep. Walk this way? Yep. It's in there. I was worried about swapping out the PRS pickup, since I really liked it... but, no worries. Dave's creation blows it away.

I'm currently working with him on a couple of neck position pickups to go into those SE's to complement the ones he just did for me.

My offical rating: A+++
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer
Working...
X