Jackson SPeaker Cabs. Any Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson SPeaker Cabs. Any Good?

I have a chance to pick up some 4x12 and 2x12 jackson guitar cabs. the price is really good, but their far away. they have eminesence 50 watt speakers rated at 16 ohms in them (red cones). anyone play these? are they decent, worth a look, or are they pure crap?

there supposed to be quite good actually...
    did you try the search function? there's a couple of threads to be found on them...
    have a look here (3 pages), you'll find some answers:

also be sure to have a look at this thread:

tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Frankly, Id pass. While Jackson is my favorite guitar company and imo the best, the Jackson speaker cab imo is an attempt at more revenue by jumping into a market they have no biz in. Sort of like Epiphone and the Valve Jr., or Peavey and their entire line of guitars.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

company= niche
        Peavey= amplification equipment
        Epiphone= guitars(lol)
        Jackson= guitars
        Ernie Ball= strings
        etc.
        See where Im goin with this???
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

LOL. thanks for the info guys. I ended up talking him down to $525 for four 4x12's and one 1x12. at that price they can even be used for coasters! lol. i'll send pics.

Comment

Talk to Toejam - I think he has or had Jackson cabinets.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
              company= niche
              Peavey= amplification equipment
              Epiphone= guitars(lol)
              Jackson= guitars
              Ernie Ball= strings
              etc.
              See where Im goin with this???
              I take it you've never played an Ernie Ball guitar?
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by fatstrat View Post
                LOL. thanks for the info guys. I ended up talking him down to $525 for four 4x12's and one 1x12. at that price they can even be used for coasters! lol. i'll send pics.
                Definitely worth that. They're not terrible cabs, and with new speakers they are actually decent. Not pro level quality to be sure.
                Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I've gigged with my Jackson 4x12 (black cones = Jensens?) several times and am very happy with it. For the money you're talking, I don't see how you could go wrong. All the Jackson cabs I've seen over the years were very solid, so you could also experiment with different speakers.
                  sigpic

Comment

is there a way to change them to 8 ohms by rewiring them?

Comment

correction. I got four 4x12's and one 2x12. NOT 1x12.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                        Talk to Toejam - I think he has or had Jackson cabinets.
                        I do still have my 2x12s. They're 8-ohm, 100-watt cabs. The speakers have no markings on the back, but they're rumored to be made by Eminence. They sound great, but they are pretty heavy weight-wise even compared to a regular 4x12. The carpet covering is not that great, as pet hair loves to cling to it!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I hear you on the pet hair! I have a black lab AND a white mutt. so they already look like faux fur cabs. lol. my speakers are red too. were they stock that way? all the ones I see on ebay are black speakers. they sounds pretty good. not boogie or naylor great. but they were cheap, so what the hell. besides, they look cool as hell! the seller had 4 stacks, and 4 2x12's for sale originally. he had it all for $1,000! but by the time I got there he had four 4x12's, and one 2x12 left.

Comment

LOL I've got a black cat and a white/tan cat!
                            Some of the cabs came with red speakers, others came with black.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by fatstrat View Post
                              I ended up talking him down to $525 for four 4x12's and one 1x12.
                              WTF?! now that's a deal...
                              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
                              X