Fryette / VHT Sig X Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fryette / VHT Sig X Questions

I played a Fryette Sig X the other day and loved it! It gives me all the tones I hear in my head that my 5153 doesn't get me. From what I've seen on HC, it gets mostly positive reviews.

I was wondering what your experience is with it? Is it reliable? Are there any reoccurring problems with it? How is Fryette/ VHT customer support?

I'm about 90% sure I'm going to get it, I just wanted to know what your experiences are with the head.

Thanks

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
    I played a Fryette Sig X the other day and loved it! It gives me all the tones I hear in my head that my 5153 doesn't get me. From what I've seen on HC, it gets mostly positive reviews.

I was wondering what your experience is with it? Is it reliable? Are there any reoccurring problems with it? How is Fryette/ VHT customer support?

I'm about 90% sure I'm going to get it, I just wanted to know what your experiences are with the head.

Thanks
    I can't speak for the Sig-X but I do have a VHT 50 CL and have had no issues with it since I bought it used years ago. I remember having a couple questions about it and emailed VHT.....I got a reply back by Steve Fryette himself

They build top notch products, chances are you wont even need any customer support
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I played around with one at NAMM 2 years ago..it was awesome sounding!
      Steve stands behind his products, and his after sale service is outstanding! (ive used it for a 2 bad tubes on my "B" channel.) He shipped them too me quickly! He got the VHT name taken away from
      him by asian lawyers... but i laughed when i saw this year at NAMM his
      Freyette display 20 feet away from the VHT display! There were 3 guys
      checking out the VHT booth...about 9 guys checking out Steves!
      Go for it...build quality is great

Comment

I did 3 shows recently with a band who's guitar player had one. His tone was awesome.

Comment

I only can speak for my 50CL that I used for a number of years and I don't see it go... I do like to use different amps (Mesa Mark V, Soldano, Marshal) for the moment, but if I absolutely HAD TO keep just one that would be the 50CL. Yes, change the tubes once in a while, but that's it. No reliability concerns. Well, the foot controller cable could be executed better, but that's not serious is it?

Comment

Working...
          X