Pedal Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Order

Ive read that tuner pedals should go at the front of the pedal chain. I am getting ready to order a Korg Pitchblack tuner and was wondering where you guys have them in your pedal order? I only use a distortion and a chorus pedal. I plan on using the Korg Pitchblack to also power my chorus since it has the dc out option. I was wondering if it would be ok to run the tuner at the end of my pedals? So it would be distortion, chorus, tuner.

Why would you consider putting it anywhere else in your signal chain other than first?

If you run the tuner first in the chain, you don't have to turn off any other pedals to tune. The tuner should get a pure, unaffected signal for the best tuning results. If you don't mind turning off 1 or 2 other pedals to turn then put it anywhere in the chain you want.

Comment

put your tuner first if you want to be able to mute everything without problems. the signal it gets wont matter for tuning purposes if no other effects are on. people with rack tuners have their tuner in the loop without question, and those are some expensive damn tuners. so yes, you can put your tuner anywhere you please.

Comment

If you've got an effects loop, then just run one cable from the send/preamp line out directly into the tuner input and be done with it. No other pedals or cables to worry about.
        Otherwise, put it in front of the other pedals.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you're interested in keeping the tuner completely out of the chain, you might want to try one of these:

http://home.comcast.net/~pedalboardj...n/indexpj.html

I use one on my pedalboard: It's nice to not have an extra piece of gear in the chain if I can help it...

-Kenn

Comment

I run it at the end of the chain. The TU2 has a buffer that sounds better (to me) at the end. Eh, Different strokes...
            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
            X