New Axe-Fx firmware is out :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    ....then someone pointed out a parameter that I had to change in Midi Ox and it worked fine.
    Let me guess - you had to turn off "Midi Thru" or "Midi Echo".

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
      Let me guess - you had to turn off "Midi Thru" or "Midi Echo".
      No it wasn't that. I can't remember it right off the top of my head but I wrote it down somewhere. It was a number, value, that I had to decrease. It worked as soon as I followed his instructions though
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Just got my Tax return...Just over $2200...Its like...like the good Lord is trying to tell me..."Son...go forth and purchase that which makes you full of gladness...and do so without shame"

Then, the lil devil on the other side of my head reminds me..."But Dave...you have Daughters who is turning 19 in two weeks...she is out on her own, and sure could use some financial assistance..."

Arrrrggggg…Wish he’d just shut up already!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
          Just got my Tax return...Just over $2200...Its like...like the good Lord is trying to tell me..."Son...go forth and purchase that which makes you full of gladness...and do so without shame"

Then, the lil devil on the other side of my head reminds me..."But Dave...you have Daughters who is turning 19 in two weeks...she is out on her own, and sure could use some financial assistance..."

Ahhh - get the Axe-FX and give your daugthers the gift of disappointment!!! That's the gift that life will keep on giving.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
            Ahhh - get the Axe-FX and give your daugthers the gift of disappointment!!! That's the gift that life will keep on giving.
            :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::R OTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROT F::ROTF:
            THAT,,,was some funny ass shit right there. I,,for real...just blew fuckin DR.Pepper out of my nose all over myself. Damn it burns but was totally worth it.

and
            Originally posted by sevser

We can work this out,,,,just buy an Axe-Fx standard for 1500,,then kick your daughter the rest and say here you go,,this is the first and last months rent to start your new life outside the nest.

Everybody wins

or,,,,like John was saying,,,,,,, you can tell her "I'm sorry I have nothing to send you on your way out into the world,,,,but,,,,can you hear that awesome tone I'm getting? You just can't go buy that on the street corner. Ya know that shit is expensive,,and let that be a good lesson... its Quality over quantity and ,,,ummm, ya know,,,,,,What was I saying?,,,,,,,,,,,OH yeah,,,,can you hear that awesome tone I'm gettin?....Damn that's AWESOME

MOSHON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ
              "I'm sorry I have nothing to send you on your way out into the world,,,,but,,,,can you hear that awesome tone I'm getting? You just can't go buy that on the street corner. Ya know that shit is expensive,,and let that be a good lesson... its Quality over quantity and ,,,ummm, ya know,,,,,,What was I saying?,,,,,,,,,,,OH yeah,,,,can you hear that awesome tone I'm gettin?....Damn that's AWESOME
              Bwahahahahaha!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

'll just say...THE JCF MADE ME DO IT!

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post
                  :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::R OTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROT F::ROTF:
                  THAT,,,was some funny ass shit right there. I,,for real...just blew fuckin DR.Pepper out of my nose all over myself. Damn it burns but was totally worth it.

and

We can work this out,,,,just buy an Axe-Fx standard for 1500,,then kick your daughter the rest and say here you go,,this is the first and last months rent to start your new life outside the nest.

Everybody wins

or,,,,like John was saying,,,,,,, you can tell her "I'm sorry I have nothing to send you on your way out into the world,,,,but,,,,can you hear that awesome tone I'm getting? You just can't go buy that on the street corner. Ya know that shit is expensive,,and let that be a good lesson... its Quality over quantity and ,,,ummm, ya know,,,,,,What was I saying?,,,,,,,,,,,OH yeah,,,,can you hear that awesome tone I'm gettin?....Damn that's AWESOME

MOSHON
                  DAVE
                  Hold on there, not so quuick with giving up the rest of that money. He'll need that for buying a QSC HPR powered monitor or Verve to go along with the Axe Fx
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

"Hold on there, not so quuick with giving up the rest of that money. He'll need that for buying a QSC HPR powered monitor or Verve to go along with the Axe Fx"

AHHH S H I T!!!!

Lets talk about that whole FRFR thang...I will sell my G-Flex to fund that, anyhow...

Peavey of Yorkville must make something more affordable...There must be a ton of used Peavey powered mons out there...

Does anyone run through a FRFR with a 15" woofer?

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                      "Hold on there, not so quuick with giving up the rest of that money. He'll need that for buying a QSC HPR powered monitor or Verve to go along with the Axe Fx"

AHHH S H I T!!!!

Lets talk about that whole FRFR thang...I will sell my G-Flex to fund that, anyhow...

Peavey of Yorkville must make something more affordable...There must be a ton of used Peavey powered mons out there...

Does anyone run through a FRFR with a 15" woofer?
                      I'm not saying others won't work but the hot ticket seems to be the QSC or Verve combined with an Axe Fx. I own a pair of the QSC's and like them a lot! I thought my Axe Fx sounded better through the QSC than through my Mesa 2:90 power amp and 4x12 recto cab. Strangely it sounded better through the Mesa stuff with the power amp sims on than off. Anyway, just throw a QSC HPR up on a tripod stand and run an XLR cable from the Axe Fx to it and prepare for sonic bliss
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I chose the FBT Verve 12ma over the QSC based on weight...its about 20 lbs lighter for essentially the same power/speaker size.

I also agree on the FRFR sounding better than running the Axe through my Mesa 2:90 into a 4x12. The Axe does all of the coloring for you...to make the most of it, you want as clean and accurate a reproduction as possible...tubes and guitar speakers color a sound significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                          I also agree on the FRFR sounding better than running the Axe through my Mesa 2:90 into a 4x12. The Axe does all of the coloring for you...to make the most of it, you want as clean and accurate a reproduction as possible...tubes and guitar speakers color a sound significantly.
                          Now here's someone that "gets it".

Comment

I've been running my Ultra into an RCF ART 322A FRFR speaker and it works great. Those don't get much love on the Fractal forum (probably because they're somewhat hard to find in the US), but those who do have one love'em. It's lighter than a QSC, has more connectivity options, and dips lower (rated down to 45hz) than the QSC or Verve. I have both my AxeFx and e-drums hooked into it and it works great with the edrums as well....handles the kick drum fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                              I have both my AxeFx and e-drums hooked into it and it works great with the edrums as well....handles the kick drum fine.
                              could you hook up an mp3 into the FSFS unit and play along with it?

I'm trying to learn a song and the problem is, over my pair of 2x12's hooked to the Uber, my audio speakers playing the mp3 cant keep up with the volume level. :ROTF:
                              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                                could you hook up an mp3 into the FSFS unit and play along with it?

I'm trying to learn a song and the problem is, over my pair of 2x12's hooked to the Uber, my audio speakers playing the mp3 cant keep up with the volume level. :ROTF:
                                Yeah, that should be doable. You could run from the Axe to the RCF via XLR, then from the MP3 player to the RCF's 1/4" input.

I am currently running the AxeFx and my TD-9SX kit into a Boss RC20XL looper pedal. Then I run 1/4" out of the looper to the RCF. It's fun to create a guitar part, then throw on a bass line (via AxeFx bass simulation patch), then sit at the kit and throw on some drums. Then go back to the guitar and play some lead over the loop.

Comment

Working...
                                X