MXR Chorus Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Chorus Pedals

Anyone familiar with the micro chorus? I have heard the M134 Stereo chorus and love the sound of it, but despite what some people will say, I know that more isn't always better, in this case the stereo chorus has alot more controls, but it is almost twice the price of the micro chorus, and twice as big.

I had a ton of phasers with a lot of controls, but eventually ended up with the phase 90 with 1 control

Then there is the Black Label Chorus that seem to have almost all the controls and the stereo capability as the M134, but it is alot a lot cheaper and half the size.

I can't seem to find to many sound clips of these, other than the M134, Dunlops site doesn't have any clips for the Black Label or Micro Chorus
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Its more money but if you really want a nice chorus check out the Retro-Sonic Chorus pedal. Its the size of the MXR unit and based on original Boss CE-1 circuit but much quieter and better built with true bypass. Oh, and its stereo too. It will take the larger footprint on your board though, not small.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Well, I went with the Black label chorus. Pretty happy with it It sounds great with clean and gain channels and really thickens things up. It's not that Andy Summers type of chorus , but that isn't what I wanted to begin with, it's more of a fattening up type sound more than a wattery shimmer if that makes any sense , LOL
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
      X