Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scored another Butcher cab for cheap. Check this out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm, never heard of butcher amps. Nice looking cab!
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      Nice! I have the straight version. Those G12K85s are the perfect Celestion speaker IMO.
      Originally posted by zeegler View Post
      Yeah, especially for metal. They have great bottom end, but are still nice and tight sounding.

Hmmm, if we traded, I'd have a full stack.
      I've had mine since the 80's and I still think they blow just about everything else away. I've used them with a laney AOR, 5150, Marshall jcm900, line6 spider 3, ADA MP1/Boogie 295 Simul-class and now my Bugera 333XL. These cabs have been bulletproof forever (other than the shitty casters Peavey used in the 80's which were replaced in the 80's) and the speakers (G12K85) have since been rerated by celestian as 100 watt speakers.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Yeah, especially for metal. They have great bottom end, but are still nice and tight sounding.

Hmmm, if we traded, I'd have a full stack.
        TBH I think mine is a VTM cab. I don't think it has the piping around the grille. It's also really beat up, but I woud prefer a slanted cab to a straight. Next time I'm in upstate NY I'll give you a call
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          TBH I think mine is a VTM cab. I don't think it has the piping around the grille. It's also really beat up, but I woud prefer a slanted cab to a straight. Next time I'm in upstate NY I'll give you a call
          Ah, I didn't know the VTM cabs didn't have the cream colored piping. I just assumed they were the same.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Ah, I didn't know the VTM cabs didn't have the cream colored piping. I just assumed they were the same.
            I own two straight front cabs that have the creme colored piping and two slant front cabs that have the black piping. I belive that the cabs with the creme piping were made to match the Butcher and VTM heads while the the cabs with the black piping were made to match up with the Ultra 60 and Ultra 120 heads. Both cabs came with the Celestion G12K-85's

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan View Post
              I own two straight front cabs that have the creme colored piping and two slant front cabs that have the black piping. I belive that the cabs with the creme piping were made to match the Butcher and VTM heads while the the cabs with the black piping were made to match up with the Ultra 60 and Ultra 120 heads. Both cabs came with the Celestion G12K-85's
              That makes sense. Good to know.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

LOL! When I originally got mine they had the creme piping and those brownish tanish Peavey emblems..... I took a razorblade to the piping and swapped the emblems for the silver and black ones.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                X