• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New old Marshall day

Here you go got it for a steal of a deal

Really? well screw Mark Twain.

yay, i guess? was it free?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah it was, you think I would actually buy this?LOL
      Its not a bad sounding amp really the crunch is very marshally.
      I needed an amp for my bench and now I have one.
      There are people that actually collect these things as I was walking out of the pawn shop a guy stopped me and said wow you found a Park amp in there?Do they have another one?
      Takes all kinds I guess.
      Last edited by straycat; 02-18-2010, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Cool. I know the Park line was pretty old, but that looks newer. What year?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ser # starts with 96 So I'm guessing 96.

Comment

Old Parks are awesome (and highly collectible) amps that were made to get around a licensing agreement that Marshall had entered into back in the 60's. Marshall revived the brand in the 90's as a budget line to compete with the low end offerings from Crate, Peavey, Gorilla, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
              Old Parks are awesome (and highly collectible) amps that were made to get around a licensing agreement that Marshall had entered into back in the 60's. Marshall revived the brand in the 90's as a budget line to compete with the low end offerings from Crate, Peavey, Gorilla, etc.
              Exactly.

Comment

I had one of those. It was okay to practice through when I had nothing else, but it certainly didn't sound very good.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                  Yep, I had one of the G-25 Parks in the late 90s for a practice amp. Nothing dramatic but a decent practice amp with clean and drive channels. About a year later they just started putting Marshall logos on them and it became the Marshall MG-30. Same amp, rebadged when they decided the Marshal name would sell better. It was a cool $25 practice amp though, but I gave it to my neighbor who needed one more than I did.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X