Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here have a Peavey Valve king?

If so, let me know , I have a few ?'s
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

I have the 212 which is nearly the same as the head, I'd pick that or the head as they have the presence and resonance controls which really add something, everytime i've played the 50watt i've never been able to get it quite in the same place...

While many claim they cant hear a difference in the texture control I do find it changes how the amp feels it's much tighter on full a/b and much looser on the class A side I dont think it changes to real class a or a/b it's just some trickery in the curcuits to act similar....

Should be easy to find one to try out you might be able to pick one up second hand for a good price too...

Comment

Well, I actually got one and I love the thing! I did get the 112 though, I got it for a steal and it actually has a resonance control on the back. It doesn't have a presence control though.

I also do hear a diffencer with the texture control, it seems to me , especially noticable on the clean channel, that the amp breaks up WAY sooner when set the class A setting

Like I said I love this thing, but now that I have an amp I am finally happy with, I'm affraid I may have to send it back and exchange it.

I am experienceing this weird, chourus type effect once in a wile while playing it, keep in mind that I have dissconeted all my effects and stuff trying to locate what was going on

On minute it sounds fine and the next is like I am in some tunnel or something, I turned the reverb off also and it still does it once in a while. I hope that it just may be a tube or something.

The other thing though, when I push the boost button in on the front panel to get it set to use with the footswitch, there is a loud bbep, then when the boost is selected by the footswitch, there is this HORRIBLE squealing noise that doesn't go away when you turn the guitar volume all the way down, so it isn't feedback, hell it still did it after I disconnected the guitar cable from the amp. It only stops when you play something and it is still SLIGHTLY audible even then

The last thing, and I think this may just be due to some idiot wiring the footswitch wrong though, is that the Boost button changes the channels and the channel button works the boost.

Do you have any of these issues? I certainly hope not though, LOL

I'm most likely going to return it for another one, it's just that is going to be a hassle.

I only paid 359.00 for it, but there still should'nt be anything wrong with it, as I bought it new
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Yeah, welcome the World of Chinese Amps, you communist supporter you!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X